Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we L1R ? The FACTS don't LIE

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
An interesting thing is that looking back to the 1991/2 season after we lost in the play offs to go up to the top flight we were relegated the next season. In that 91/92 season after 12 matches we had 15 points and just counting up now , after 12 games this season we have 14 points so anyone saying that we can't go down are talking out of their backsides. It is quite reminiscent of that season when we lost Small and Byrne as well as loads of other injuries and the same thing is happening now and by the time Ulloa, CMS, Bridcutt, Orlandi etc get up to real match fitness we may be a lot lower in the table than we would like and I've no confidence in Oscar to turn it round on present evidence.

Would League 1 be a disaster for us ? Ticket prices would have to lower considerably, the match day prices would have to plummet to get 20k let alone anywhere near 30k. The finances of the club would be wrecked by relegation and Bloom would have to dig deep to keep things going. On the plus side we could get rid of all these FLOPPY, injury prone FOREIGNERS in the team as well as the manager and get a TRIED and tested English manager as well as a TEAM full of English STEEL to go on for promotion back to the Championship and onwards and upwards.

Personally I feel Neil Warnock is WASTED doing Skrill for BT Sports and hopefully Bloom and Barber have got him on their RADAR ready to parachute him in when Oscar goes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Two words , Barry Lloyd .

Wouldn't be a disaster to go down but would hurt the club massively . We would still have decent support but would lose more money and would need to bounce back pretty quickly to stop a rot

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh we can go down, no doubt about it. Your never safe till your safe and we are certainly playing more like a relegation team than a play off team atm. All that said we are only 12 games in and things can change quickly, but they can also get worse just as quick. Mr Bloom would not be human, if he wasn't starting to wonder if he has dropped a bollock. I just wonder how long he would let a slide continue, before sharpening the axe. I personally think if we lose against Watford, then draw with Doncaster, the next game against Blackburn will be a must win game or I think it could be adios Oscar....I think you make a good point about Warnock, but don't say it to loudly on here because he is a dinosaur with a fantastic track record in this division. Why on earth would we want a winner like that???

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I agree that those saying we have no chance of getting relegated are being far too complacent. The Championship is so unpredictable and anyone can get dragged into a relegation battle. However, I'd hope we are comfortably better than at least 3 sides in this league. I'm watching Birmingham against Leeds at the moment and they are absolutely awful.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Two words , Barry Lloyd .

Wouldn't be a disaster to go down but would hurt the club massively . We would still have decent support but would lose more money and would need to bounce back pretty quickly to stop a rot

The same Barry Lloyd who took us to the play off final with no money at all?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nothing is ever a disaster. At least if we went down some of the silent majority might f**k off and allow the singers to congregate behind the goal, we might have a better atmosphere then. I rekon we'd still average 15,000 at least if they made ticket prices sensible. If we went on a promotion run we'd sell out the big games still. That has always been the case with our support.

D

Deleted User X18H

I know for fact that if we are relegated,Bloom and Barber will be off along LEWIS ROAD as fast as you can say BUS LAINE

Then Fanshaw and Kitecat will take over, and try to steer Albion into oblivion just like Archer.

They they will make the Amex a mausoleum and LOOCAS will live in it and make Brighton an independent state.

Dick Tight will finally spend some of the 1983 Cup Final money and buy Whitehawk for the children.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will not make any judgement until Oscar shapes his own team an when that happens I suspect many fans will be embarrassed by this current over-reaction.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
An interesting thing is that looking back to the 1991/2 season after we lost in the play offs to go up to the top flight we were relegated the next season. In that 91/92 season after 12 matches we had 15 points and just counting up now , after 12 games this season we have 14 points so anyone saying that we can't go down are talking out of their backsides. It is quite reminiscent of that season when we lost Small and Byrne as well as loads of other injuries and the same thing is happening now and by the time Ulloa, CMS, Bridcutt, Orlandi etc get up to real match fitness we may be a lot lower in the table than we would like and I've no confidence in Oscar to turn it round on present evidence.

Would League 1 be a disaster for us ? Ticket prices would have to lower considerably, the match day prices would have to plummet to get 20k let alone anywhere near 30k. The finances of the club would be wrecked by relegation and Bloom would have to dig deep to keep things going. On the plus side we could get rid of all these FLOPPY, injury prone FOREIGNERS in the team as well as the manager and get a TRIED and tested English manager as well as a TEAM full of English STEEL to go on for promotion back to the Championship and onwards and upwards.

Personally I feel Neil Warnock is WASTED doing Skrill for BT Sports and hopefully Bloom and Barber have got him on their RADAR ready to parachute him in when Oscar goes.

Can`t wait to see Commanders response to this one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here