Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Buckley

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
We all love him but whats up with his form at the moment? He is all or nothing this season. Its weird because he suddenly came alive yesterday with 10 mins to go and caused them all sorts of problems. Really need him to step up to the plate whilst we are thin on the ground with injuries

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's going to struggle all the while their is nobody in the midfield who posseses the ability to play a through ball or provide some sort of quality service. We've got a large void between the industrial midfielders and the forward 2/3. Until something is happening in that part of the park I can't see much happening up top :shrug:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He's going to struggle all the while their is nobody in the midfield who posseses the ability to play a through ball or provide some sort of quality service. We've got a large void between the industrial midfielders and the forward 2/3. Until something is happening in that part of the park I can't see much happening up top :shrug:

agree might make way for Andrews to play higher up the pitch when Liam comes back.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Combination of things I think.... Lack of form, change of position and also the way we play doesn't suit him as well. Also the fact that he made a number of runs yesterday in particular that aren't noticed or the pass to find him is short meaning he has to check back to get the ball or it doesn't reach him.

We all know he is best out wide running at players, we just don't seem to be able to get him into those positions enough meaning he goes searching for the ball a little. Thing is even when he does get to the line with the ball we only have one player in the box !!

He will come good but we need to play to his strengths rather than looking for him to make things happen himself

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was more dangerous when he went to Conway's wing, after he had been substituted. Buckley created more by taking on the full-back than Conway had the entire game.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Overrated and underachieving. Posters are falling into the trap of blaming the system rather than the player. Needs to take a long hard look at himself and decide whether he wants to improve.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Marmite player

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
He was more dangerous when he went to Conway's wing, after he had been substituted. Buckley created more by taking on the full-back than Conway had the entire game.

You obviously didn't hear it on the radio, but Conway beat his man countless times and was able to put a cross into the box. It's a shame there was nobody there to convert. Well, a championship striker anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Overrated and underachieving. Posters are falling into the trap of blaming the system rather than the player. Needs to take a long hard look at himself and decide whether he wants to improve.

Spot on. For me he has underachieved by a large margin ever since he came to the Club. I would heave expected far far more for a player who cost us a seven figure fee when we signed him from Watford. He has been with us for two full seasons now, and he needs to stand up to the plate and be counted.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

So the fact we rarely look to play the ball into the space for Buckley to run into and that we don't get enough players into the box to get on to the end of crosses is Buckleys fault ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The guys main attribute is pace, I mean he's lightning quick. When do we EVER send him through 1 on 1 or give him any quality service. Time and time again I see him making runs in behind defenders or into space in the flanks, but we play a sideways pass or play the ball behind him. Use his pace for goodness sake. If he was used in a formation like Palace were playing last season he'd thrive.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The guys main attribute is pace, I mean he's lightning quick. When do we EVER send him through 1 on 1 or give him any quality service. Time and time again I see him making runs in behind defenders or into space in the flanks, but we play a sideways pass or play the ball behind him. Use his pace for goodness sake. If he was used in a formation like Palace were playing last season he'd thrive.

Couldn't agree more

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Spot on. For me he has underachieved by a large margin ever since he came to the Club. I would heave expected far far more for a player who cost us a seven figure fee when we signed him from Watford.

Seriously?! A million pounds is not a lot of money any more and he's one of our best players.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The guys main attribute is pace, I mean he's lightning quick. When do we EVER send him through 1 on 1 or give him any quality service.

Um....he was sent through one on one yesterday. Just had the keeper to beat.

Missed.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Been like this all 2013, often anonymous and not quite so often a genius. But he has to take some of the blame, he doesn't even try to beat full-backs 1 on 1 like Lualua does and, for whatever reason, he goes down quite easily when he gets a nudge, that puts him at an instant disadvantage when playing as a winger. He does make some very good runs to the ignorance of his teammates, Calderon playing behind him always gets the best out of him, maybe a more creative midfielder (e.g. Agustein) will find him on the through balls more often because pace like his really is our only weapon when teams push high and close us down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We all love him but whats up with his form at the moment? He is all or nothing this season. Its weird because he suddenly came alive yesterday with 10 mins to go and caused them all sorts of problems. Really need him to step up to the plate whilst we are thin on the ground with injuries

For me, a single moment of Buckley magic justifies the admission fee. You forget the so-so that came before and after and take away a great memory of the game. And seeing him at close quarters from the North Stand in the inevitable second half surge makes you really appreciate the level of skill the player has. If he could maintain that level we wouldn't be seeing him at all, he'd be playing at a much higher level. Top man! :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here