Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am i alone!!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I don't think i have ever felt so down from reading these threads on a Sunday morning/afternoon.
The "positivity" from the usual suspects is gaining momentum and is turning into a plague of despair,ok we are not the world beaters we all thought/hoped/dreamt we were, but get a grip its only a game. We have a great stadium, we have people in place at the top who only want the best for our football club and we have a great support base, the down side is we have an injury ravaged squad which over time should only improve, so what if we get sucked into a relegation battle it only makes the games and results more important which in turn keeps the season alive, which keeps the interest going. In my opinion mid table is boring i would much rather have a promotion chase or a relegation battle than mid table mediocrity so cheer up everyone ffs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't think i have ever felt so down from reading these threads on a Sunday morning/afternoon.
The "positivity" from the usual suspects is gaining momentum and is turning into a plague of despair,ok we are not the world beaters we all thought/hoped/dreamt we were, but get a grip its only a game. We have a great stadium, we have people in place at the top who only want the best for our football club and we have a great support base, the down side is we have an injury ravaged squad which over time should only improve, so what if we get sucked into a relegation battle it only makes the games and results more important which in turn keeps the season alive, which keeps the interest going. In my opinion mid table is boring i would much rather have a promotion chase or a relegation battle than mid table mediocrity so cheer up everyone ffs.

I doubt very much if tony see's it that way
he would lose a fortune and so would the club

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Oh piss off you absolute mood Hoover. It's a bloody game of football for us.

is for me too
tony put 150m into the Albion and I don't think he would be to happy if we were relegated this season, which I personally don't think we will but I have been wrong a few times before

He'd lose a fortune, yeah. But I don't think this post was meant for Tony and his view.
maybe not but I am sure he is not in this business just to be a fan

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
is for me too
tony put 150m into the Albion and I don't think he would be to happy if we were relegated this season, which I personally don't think we will but I have been wrong a few times before

maybe not but I am sure he is not in this business just to be a fan

and I'm sure he's not in the business of deciding how we (fans) decide on NSC as to how we choose to like our situation, ok? Good.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Too many people settle for second best. They give certain players 6's and 7's for yesterday when they should have got 4's and 5's. I know what I expect from a Championship side and the performance at Yeovil was poor, to say the least. This follows on from below par performances v Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Forest. A succession of mediocrity, with the same players underperforming.
If players are not producing the goods, then they are there to be shot at. Don't make excuses for them. They are letting Oscar down but he is the one being questioned.
This has become all too familiar in football in recent years. Players paid more and more and taking less and less responsibility. They hide behind their agents and lackies and when they feel like it, they go on strike. They decide they are not going to play for a manager and eventually he gets sacked. Its now a dishonest game. Its riddled with player power. Players go missing for games on end and the manager carries the can. The game is awash with money and it has made players lazy. They have had it too easy for too long. They now cheat their way out of situations rather than play out of them.
As far as BHA is concerned we need more out of our available players. They need to step up to the mark otherwise the bottom three is going to get uncomfortably closer.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Too many people settle for second best. They give certain players 6's and 7's for yesterday when they should have got 4's and 5's. I know what I expect from a Championship side and the performance at Yeovil was poor, to say the least. This follows on from below par performances v Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Forest. A succession of mediocrity, with the same players underperforming.
If players are not producing the goods, then they are there to be shot at. Don't make excuses for them. They are letting Oscar down but he is the one being questioned.
This has become all too familiar in football in recent years. Players paid more and more and taking less and less responsibility. They hide behind their agents and lackies and when they feel like it, they go on strike. They decide they are not going to play for a manager and eventually he gets sacked. Its now a dishonest game. Its riddled with player power. Players go missing for games on end and the manager carries the can. The game is awash with money and it has made players lazy. They have had it too easy for too long. They now cheat their way out of situations rather than play out of them.
As far as BHA is concerned we need more out of our available players. They need to step up to the mark otherwise the bottom three is going to get uncomfortably closer.

You ALWAYS talk sense Mo

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and I'm sure he's not in the business of deciding how we (fans) decide on NSC as to how we choose to like our situation, ok? Good.
no not good
if some of those fans as I suspect will not renew their ST's then the businessman will not be liking it .......so definitely not good
its a very fine line

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The general doom and gloom will soon be lifted by a rousing 3-0 defeat of those Watford chaps.

oscar.jpg

Zola_2849406.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

You ALWAYS talk sense Mo

that he does
someone press the passion button

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
As somebody said on another thread, at this stage of season two years ago, Reading were 16th. They went on to win the league. Come January, we should have a fully fit squad and as long as we are around midtable and have picked up a few points, we can make a charge up the table. Unless I'm mistaken, we were 15th after loosing to Palace at Selhurst park and look where we ended up. There is plenty of time for it all to be sorted out.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Good post :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As somebody said on another thread, at this stage of season two years ago, Reading were 16th. They went on to win the league. Come January, we should have a fully fit squad and as long as we are around midtable and have picked up a few points, we can make a charge up the table. Unless I'm mistaken, we were 15th after loosing to Palace at Selhurst park and look where we ended up. There is plenty of time for it all to be sorted out.

I wouldn't expect a Reading style upsurge in form (the standard to which all lower to mid table teams seem to aspire now). But I do think we'll even out. Our October performances have been dire for two or three years now. Am I right in thinking we've never won an October game at the Amex?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

12 games gone, 12 games leading up to the New Year. 25 points from a possible 36 would be canny. 6 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat. I live in hope :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here