Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Sky+HD problem

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Whilst watching a recording on my Sky+HD box the picture freezes intermittently then continues. When I press backup on the remote nothing happens for about 10-15 seconds. It then goes back to the planner with the recorded programme still playing in the corner window. Eventually the programme stops and I get the full planner.

I have tried different recordings recent and old, and it makes no difference, they all do it.

I have done a planner rebuild but it has not made a difference. I really don't want to do a full reset as the box is about 75% full.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Yes I have switched it off and on again.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I recently had a problem where sky sports 1HD & sky sports news HD weren't working at all. Switching on/off didn't solve but after seeking help, switching off for 5 minutes minimum then leaving in standby for at least 4 minutes sorted it out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Switch it off for a while and also clean the card as static builds up

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Switched it of for about 20 minutes earlier this morning and have now cleaned viewing card.

No change, but thanks for the suggestions.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I found I was regularly getting picture goibg into slow motion and occasional freeze and rewind issues. I replaced the hard drive yesterday using ExPVR (http://www.ph-mb.com/products/expvr/about) to copy the recordings took about two hours to remove the old drive do the copy and install the new drive. No problems since touch wood and a lot more storage space. It cost me £50 for a 1tb drive, best to use a special green drive which uses less power and I used the free version of the software as I only needed to transfer 9 recordings.
Very easy process really, if you know your way around the inside of a pc you wont have a problem.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thanks Joey. Sounds great but it doesn't look like it supports Mac OS meaning I'm stuffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here