Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Problem...

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Everyone saying Garcia, has lost the dressing room etc - what a load of bollocks. The half of our team intact is playing well. Defensivel we've we've generally been injury free and they've done well. We've played 10 games in last 2 months since Birmingham. Conceded 8 goals in those 10 games, 5 of those against Notts Forest and Ipswich, games we played badly but should've been out of sight before those goals.

Therefore don't think any of the back 6, (Kush, back 4, and Andrews or ince where he's deputised) are to blame.

Obviously our attacking options are limited, but what we do have should be good enough to score against teams like Yeovil etc. Couple of points I've noticed...

Our supply to the striker is shocking, especially Barnes... didn't go to yeovil but on FLS didn't look like he got much anyway. Think Ulloa is just different class and hidden the fact we've been so poor. We can't expect to hoof it up to Lita and Barnes and expect the things Ulloa can do. Need to play differently, any crosses in the box need to be drilled in with pace on it for Barnes/Lita to attack, its more difficult to defend and we've got much more chance of scoring. Watch Derby - Watford (first game on FLS) and Jamie Wards header for example. Maybe starting to do that looking at a slight chance Barnes had yesterday, but theres not enough of them.

Other point is the lack of players we get into the box, Crofts has done it a lot and well this season, but even just him and the striker isn't enough. If you watch other sides scoring goals they have 3/4 players in the box waiting for the ball. Need Buckley/Conway and the other CM getting in the box to support. Thats another reason all these calls for Ince to start are stupid. We only need one defensive midfielder, Andrews is better, so Ince doesn't play. By playing to defensive midfielders we're only hindering our attack more??

What were we practising throughout the international break?? Loads of work to be done in attack. Don't think this 'new striker' due this week will make too much difference unless he's much superior technically or very quick with good dribbling skills, which I doubt. Anyone calling for Garcia's head is stupid, so many players out its going to be difficult for him early into the job. We need to make more of what we've got though, attacking at the moment is simply not good enough. No thought going into it at all

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maybe it's time for a change in system 3-5-2 (wing backs) perhaps or even a basic 4-4-2. And before people start shouting it's out dated and all that crap that's it's in vogue to say. Any system is effective if you execute it better than your opposition defends it, football is and always will be about players, playing to their strengths in their best positions and always will be.

D

Deleted member 22389

I suspect our managerial/coaching setup isn't very good, might be wrong but that would be my guess.

I would be really concerned if we started selling our best players, but they are still here and we still have CMS, Ulloa, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Hoskins to come back. We have a stronger team than last season.
Just watched the highlights and the introduction of Lita and I feel more optimistic. All it takes is a couple of wins and we will back up there. Monday couldn't come quick enough now.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
From a outsiders point of view it seems barbers PLR rallying call has added to the pressure and expectation levels .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's that attacking midfield role we surely need to fill. A three man midfield of Andrews, Ince and Crofts doesn't chill an opponent. I am sure positions are being tested in training, but how about Solly as that more centralised linkman between midifled and attack, with perhaps more of a steady passing midfielder in one of the outside positions that could swap places with him as the game passes? He should have it in him to let fly on occasion and look to play a 1-2 here and there like maybe Ramsey is currently at the EPL league leaders.
I thought someone was obsessed with attack, but we're not scoring at all and don't seem to be fully taking control of games on forward marches. The transition shouldn't be so vast that the players can not yet understand it and i hope they get the winners mentality and self-belief back inside them without delay. Before the season becomes one we wish to forget.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Exactly, gone from a top notch set up that could have coped in the Premiership to god knows what, an unknown Spaniard to English football, 2 of his mates as back ups and Nathan Jones. No wonder we are struggling

That approach worked at Southampton, just look at them now! And it didn't happen overnight. Give Oscar time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is everybody saying OG 'has lost the dressing room'.

Or just a few people that are nowhere near the dressing room or training pitch.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This time last year we were on 18 points Championship table this time last year

I am pretty sure Lita will be fine, and if we get Blackstock as well they are two good signings who will do well here.

Probably the biggest difference this year is that the teams at the top have got more points than this time last season.

I have always believed that mid table at Christmas is being realistic, because all the other clubs at the top have carried on from where they left off last season are with the same managers.

After Christmas we will settle in and have a strong finish.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Everyone saying Garcia, has lost the dressing room etc - what a load of bollocks. The half of our team intact is playing well. Defensivel we've we've generally been injury free and they've done well. We've played 10 games in last 2 months since Birmingham. Conceded 8 goals in those 10 games, 5 of those against Notts Forest and Ipswich, games we played badly but should've been out of sight before those goals.

Therefore don't think any of the back 6, (Kush, back 4, and Andrews or ince where he's deputised) are to blame.

Obviously our attacking options are limited, but what we do have should be good enough to score against teams like Yeovil etc. Couple of points I've noticed...

Our supply to the striker is shocking, especially Barnes... didn't go to yeovil but on FLS didn't look like he got much anyway. Think Ulloa is just different class and hidden the fact we've been so poor. We can't expect to hoof it up to Lita and Barnes and expect the things Ulloa can do. Need to play differently, any crosses in the box need to be drilled in with pace on it for Barnes/Lita to attack, its more difficult to defend and we've got much more chance of scoring. Watch Derby - Watford (first game on FLS) and Jamie Wards header for example. Maybe starting to do that looking at a slight chance Barnes had yesterday, but theres not enough of them.

Other point is the lack of players we get into the box, Crofts has done it a lot and well this season, but even just him and the striker isn't enough. If you watch other sides scoring goals they have 3/4 players in the box waiting for the ball. Need Buckley/Conway and the other CM getting in the box to support. Thats another reason all these calls for Ince to start are stupid. We only need one defensive midfielder, Andrews is better, so Ince doesn't play. By playing to defensive midfielders we're only hindering our attack more??

What were we practising throughout the international break?? Loads of work to be done in attack. Don't think this 'new striker' due this week will make too much difference unless he's much superior technically or very quick with good dribbling skills, which I doubt. Anyone calling for Garcia's head is stupid, so many players out its going to be difficult for him early into the job. We need to make more of what we've got though, attacking at the moment is simply not good enough. No thought going into it at all

We did not play badly against Forest we had 55% possession to their 45%,we just could not score from the countless chances created by our midfield players

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
We did not play badly against Forest we had 55% possession to their 45%,we just could not score from the countless chances created by our midfield players

Meant 2nd half we were pretty poor, and we were. They scored a couple of good goals but as you put we should've put them to bed. Couldn't write as detailed as I wanted as in a rush.

Obviously not everyone says he lost the dressing room, but seen quite a few on here saying that and other pointless theories. (as you'd expect)

Think March is definitely an option we should try. Don't think he's ready to be thrown in yet though, he needs more minutes from the bench though; not just last few minutes when we're coasting against Bolton etc?

I also don't think the 'actual' formation matters that much. How often did we have that set formation with Poyet last year with one winger etc?? Think we should play this against Watford on Monday, if we do bring in another attacking option, that'll probably change our options considerably, but for now...

Kush

Calde - Greer - Upson - Ward

Andrews

Crofts - JFC/Agustein (Whoevers fit)

Buckley - Barnes

Lita

Think play Lita up top with Barnes just floating behind and maybe slightly to the left of him, but more of a license to roam. Buckley down the right as usual, we don't really have the option to drop him but happy to replace with Conway.

If Caskey's fit, let him roam between CM and left midfield, offering protection to Ward and bit of an outlet down the left, but not leaving Crofts too isolated in the middle.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You can't win promotion in Mid October you know !!

And you can't win it in May either if you averaging 1.14 pts a game. You will just about stay up. The problem is we are getting worse and at this rate we will need to hit championsip winning form from December onwards, just to get in the top 6 and there is no evidence what so ever of that happening. We are not showing good form and just not getting the rub of the green. We are playing crap, that is the real concern here.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Both Watford and Bolton were well down the table after 12 games last year. Watford made the play-offs and Bolton just missed out. So it can be done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
From a outsiders point of view it seems barbers PLR rallying call has added to the pressure and expectation levels .

And exactly on what are you basing that comment other than the interview in the Argus where it came out and subsequent OTT comments on here. Do you genuinely think that PLR has added pressure or could it just be that the manager and players are well aware that we are not where we should be in the table, injuries permitting. OG knows what TB wants with regard to promotion and any behind the scenes jargon is irrelevant to the playing staff.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
And you can't win it in May either if you averaging 1.14 pts a game. You will just about stay up. The problem is we are getting worse and at this rate we will need to hit championsip winning form from December onwards, just to get in the top 6 and there is no evidence what so ever of that happening. We are not showing good form and just not getting the rub of the green. We are playing crap, that is the real concern here.

Will say it again, it's the quality of the players, unless we get players of the standard Saints have got it is not going to happen. In time, with the training academy on line it will start to happen, we've got to be very patient I'm afraid. Could you imagine us in The Prem with our current squad, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here