Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Ayling

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Did I miss something? Seen a few tweets today against him about being homophobic?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Missed nothing bar our fans being pathetic and trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It has been alleged that he made "up the bum" gestures at our fans as he warmed up to come on as sub. Some have taken offence; others not so much. Apparently the fourth official was notified (by whom, I don't know). :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if he did what is the big deal why cant people just move on and ignore it. Why should anybody be offended by a gesture? What was the old saying at junior school, Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It has been alleged that he made "up the bum" gestures at our fans as he warmed up to come on as sub. Some have taken offence; others not so much. Apparently the fourth official was notified (by whom, I don't know). :shrug:

It's not alleged he did it twice as well as the 'hello sailor' a number of times. Fair enough you expect it from opposition fans but unprofessional for a player to do it in my opinion

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So if he did what is the big deal why cant people just move on and ignore it. Why should anybody be offended by a gesture? What was the old saying at junior school, Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Anyone who's ever suffered non-physical bullying will tell you that that saying is just a load of bollocks.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
It's not alleged he did it twice as well as the 'hello sailor' a number of times. Fair enough you expect it from opposition fans but unprofessional for a player to do it in my opinion

this is true,it did happen 4 /5times,it doesnt bother me at all,but when players do it,is it the same as fans?banter?,didnt diouf get sent off last year for doing the same?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

What exactly is a hello sailor gesture? Waving at the fans whilst miming hoisting the sails? He should have done im a little teapot instead. Mind you had i been there i would have felt so incensed if id seen the teapot gesture utilized that i may have been left with no option but to don my specially made webbed-hands gloves and furiously waved both hands right back at him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was over the far side so never saw this, but doubt I'd have been too bothered if I had. What I would say though, is whether you find it offensive or not, it is definitely pointless, childish and stupid. If the ref had seen it, then by rights he'd have been booked, and if you were his manager you'd be pretty pissed off with your player, if he ends up with a ban (like Diouff) or a court appearance (like CKR) over it.

Some hypocrisy about it all from Albion fans who joined in the cyber-backslapping for Marcos Painter, after he did the 'swim away' gesture to Cardiff fans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my nephews is a ladies hairdresser and is like the proverbial nine bob note and as such does not flaunt his sexuality neither does he hide it and always has an an answer when somebody tries to take the pee and homophobic comments do not offend him at all.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Did I miss something? Seen a few tweets today against him about being homophobic?

Ran down to the corner flag to warm up in his pink bib and his turquisoe and pink boots somebody in our end shouted something at him which was light hearted he smiled and gave some back (all in good humour) he then ran away doing his warm ups and then came back again doing his stretches but this time took more banter from one of our fans only to respond with the limp wrist wave (twice) which then turned from what was a laugh into Ayling doing bending over gestures which made a lot of our fans outraged including several of our lot asking for him to be sent out the ground (this would be a first for me). If the game was any better and worth watching this would have blown over. The point is whether its perceived as banter or not you just cant do these things anymore especially if you are representing a "pro" football club. poor form

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I saw what he did and to be honest the over-reaction by some of the Brighton fans was a lot more embarrassing. If you can't take it back then don't dish it out maybe?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I saw what he did and to be honest the over-reaction by some of the Brighton fans was a lot more embarrassing. If you can't take it back then don't dish it out maybe?

This all day long. Christ we have some right cocks following us nowdays. Any incident and it's "scream for a policeman" it seems.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
This all day long. Christ we have some right cocks following us nowdays. Any incident and it's "scream for a policeman" it seems.

one was a 50+ year old bloke he just wouldn't let it go

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here