Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilshere goal v Norwich

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Gooners are rocking since signing the German maestro, fantastic transfer move

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Blew my mind. When I first saw it I thought it had ricocheted of a couple of Norwich defenders. When I saw the slow motion replay from a different angle and those three little flicks, my head nearly fell off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and i believe Wilshere had carried the ball from deep in own half to start the sequence. he is a joy for all Englishman to see and Arsenal dont half look good this year

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Arsenal were very good tonight, fantastic goals and Aaron Ramsey is a bit of an inspiration.

You can see what we are missing but obviously we cannot afford quality like that no matter who we try to sign.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought the same. I can't recall seeing a better goal.

Gazza v Scotland, Bergkamp v Argentina to name but two

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Lacking a world class CB.

like say Mertesacker...? Vermalen is decent too and cant get a game at the moment. it is iffy after that though. their real problem has been a decent goalkeeper and defensive midfield cover, combined with tactics, leading to lack of confidence in defence for past seasons. seem to be fixing the midfield part, still (relativly) poor keepers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two back heels, three one-twos, four first time passes and a volleyed finish. Streets ahead of either of those two mentioned.

:nono::nono:

Something has happened to you since you moved to the other side

Dec 29, 2011
like say Mertesacker...? Vermalen is decent too and cant get a game at the moment. it is iffy after that though. their real problem has been a decent goalkeeper and defensive midfield cover, combined with tactics, leading to lack of confidence in defence for past seasons. seem to be fixing the midfield part, still (relativly) poor keepers.

haha, Mertesacker. He's never been world class. And is that the same Vermaelen who was dropped at the end of last season for poor form? Koscielny is their best defender right now, highly rated by Wenger and many others at the club, been on the wrong end of a few unfortunate decisions lately. Look at Man City's W% when they do and don't have Kompany, Arsenal need a player like that too. Have they even kept more than 1 clean sheet this season?

I somewhat agree about the keeper. Although Szczesny is decent at times, for a relatively small outlay they could have a quality keeper. Also agree about the need for a imposing defensive midfielder, although Flamini resigning has gone someway to decrease that need a little.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here