Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think i'm Gay!

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I'd like to ask the NSC dwellers for your opinion on my own apprehension regarding manly matters.

Yesterday i travelled from Portslade to Southampton to visit my Gran who's not well. Unfortunately, some scrote around here snapped my aerial from the car a while back and I've been too bone-idle to do anything about it. Whilst driving on the 27, the options are either a CD or inaudiable radio interference. The second problem is that the Mrs has somehow got her Adele '21' album stuck in the player therefore I had the option of silence or the Portslade-based warbler.

I listened to it on the way because I was stuck in traffic, then on the way back to break up the monotony of driving. The song below caught my attention as I approached Portsmouth and from then on, I couldn't resist re-starting it over and over. By the time I hit Shoreham, I knew it word for word and was crooning away gloriously whilst trying to come up with a sob story I could bore the nation with before my rendition in next year's X Factor auditions.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
You've gone a long way to justify to us the reason why you listened to it.

Could you not have just said you wanted to because it is pretty good. Gay or not.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Did you feel the urge to look at men's winkles? That's the usual symptom I understand (if you are a man, obviously. Ladies like looking at men's winkles so if you're a lady it's not gayness...it's when they like looking at front bottoms that they're gay) singing Adele songs in a falsetto whilst driving along the A27 means you're diddlo. Not a gay.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I'd like to ask the NSC dwellers for your opinion on my own apprehension regarding manly matters.

Yesterday i travelled from Portslade to Southampton to visit my Gran who's not well. Unfortunately, some scrote around here snapped my aerial from the car a while back and I've been too bone-idle to do anything about it. Whilst driving on the 27, the options are either a CD or inaudiable radio interference. The second problem is that the Mrs has somehow got her Adele '21' album stuck in the player therefore I had the option of silence or the Portslade-based warbler.

I listened to it on the way because I was stuck in traffic, then on the way back to break up the monotony of driving. The song below caught my attention as I approached Portsmouth and from then on, I couldn't resist re-starting it over and over. By the time I hit Shoreham, I knew it word for word and was crooning away gloriously whilst trying to come up with a sob story I could bore the nation with before my rendition in next year's X Factor auditions.

Sob story? You live in Portslade, you are on to a winner. :D

Hope your nan gets better soon. :thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Guillllllllllty .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You're fine. Let us know when you're listening to Judy Garland, The Communards and Kylie sped up to 140bpm on rotation*

*you have not been charged for this stereotype

I like trying to sing the harmonies to "Acadian Driftwood" by "The Band" (trust me, you wouldn't like to hear me do it). Does that make me an elderly Canadian rocker?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So what you like Adele, not my thing but she has a good voice, don't see any connection between listening to her and being gay.
What happened to wire coat hangers? always done a job when some b'Stard broke off your car aerial.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Yes, yes you are.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I believe that she is not Portslade based. Never seen her in the Battle of Trafalgar. Seen a number of people of similar size smoking outside Tescos but none were her. If you think she lives in Western Esplanade then you would be wrong. She doesn't and if she did it would be Hove, hence the address Western Esplanade, albeit with a Portslade BN41 postcode.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe that she is not Portslade based. Never seen her in the Battle of Trafalgar. Seen a number of people of similar size smoking outside Tescos but none were her..

This made me laugh. Good work

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Liking the song and even singing along in your car is less than macho but not Gay, however, wanting to perform it on X Factor is very Gay.

Last edited:

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Liking the song and even singing along in your car is less than macho but not Gay, however, wanting to perform it on X Factor is very Gay.

I've got my X Factor audition sob story sorted.

I think I could own the stage with this and make the song my own. I've been singing since I was 4 years old when I first heard the Thomas the Tank Engine theme tune. It's all I've ever wanted to do. I love my life but would like to do something to make a difference and make things better for my kids.

If you'd just give me the chance, it'd mean everything to me. It'd be everything I've ever dreamed of. I don't want to moan about things but I've had a hard time growing up. I've been mocked and bullied about my weight. People don't realise what a nightmare half-bullimia is to live with. The eating binges mixed with amnesia which causes me to forget to throw up afterwards.

I've always wanted to perform and believe I could reach the very top and win the entire competition:cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here