Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
falmer-city-college-montage-large.jpg

Think there will be many changes?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To me this is pretty shitty. We did our Falmer campaign on this NOT happening and Baker and LDC who we all took the piss out of said this would happen and we laughed at them. Just seems the club has torn up the rule book of being true to your word and decency.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Isn't that the education centre that was cancelled?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
To me this is pretty shitty. We did our Falmer campaign on this NOT happening and Baker and LDC who we all took the piss out of said this would happen and we laughed at them. Just seems the club has torn up the rule book of being true to your word and decency.

If city college hadn't had their funding pulled then there wouldn't be a hotel being proposed at all.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Who gives a shit? Just move on and do the right thing.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5991996 said:
I don't get it, in football terms, how profitable can an out of town hotel really be??? Large staff costs and can't really see there'll be massive demand...?

this, not spending money on the squad in the last 2 seasons was a massive **** up building a hotel will not make up for that

The building shown in the photograph was given planning permission. I don't recall it being described as "shitty" at the time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't get it, in football terms, how profitable can an out of town hotel really be??? Large staff costs and can't really see there'll be massive demand...?

Put that question to any of the major hotel chains who all jump at the chance to take up the opportunity to add an out of town hotel to their portfolio and you will have your answer.

You can search booking.com for example and see how someone like holiday inn will have a town centre hotel and then a further one on the outskirts with cheaper rates,it is a no brainer for them,the marketing is already in place for example.

Of course i am presuming the hotel will be run by a big chain and the Albion simply collecting a fee and regular rent(plus reaping the benefits of holding increased amounts of stadium functions where there is the option for people to stay close by),if we were however thinking of running the Hotel ourselves with all the daily headaches i could only presume madness was spreading through the boardroom

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why aren't there more blissful people on this site. By rights there should be.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I work away a lot and, on average, spend 2 night a week in a hotel somewhere. Whenever I'm at a largish out of town chain hotel, such as De Vere, there are always conferences and training courses going on with companies paying for conference rooms during the day and accommodation at night. I'd also reckon it'll be he sort of place that'll be booked for a wedding every Friday and Saturday night throughout the summer wedding season. All very profitable - they're not doing it for a bit of fun.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I would like to see how they think guests will manage when attempting to arrive or depart at 2:30pm or 5:30pm on match Saturdays?....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I would like to see how they think guests will manage when attempting to arrive or depart at 2:30pm or 5:30pm on match Saturdays?....

arrival might be an issue but how many people depart a hotel at 2.30pm or 5.30pm? anyway cant see how hard it would be to inform guests on their confirmation that they should check their arrival dates against (link provided)and allow extra journey time.So much negativity about this idea.....i just dont get it:shrug: i think its a cracking idea,guaranteed regular income for the club ,bloom builds his empire and the club accountants can have a field day moving stuff about on the books.......everyone is a winner

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Perhaps they'll talk to the owners of the hotel at Carrow Road who for a number of years have successfully operated a hotel incorporated into Norwich's stadium?

Do you think Brighton are the only club planning to build a hotel within the immediate environs of their ground?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's all for the company balance sheet isn't it. Regardless of how much profit these outside ventures actually make I'm sure the accountants will be able to do some accounting voodoo to maximise their benefit in terms of FFP.

Once the FFP fines and transfer embargos start kicking in I'm sure the other revenue streams will look tlike a very shrewd move. The clubs at our level who aren't doing things like this will get overtaken by those that are, but it still might be 10 years or 20 years down the line, who knows.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Perhaps they'll talk to the owners of the hotel at Carrow Road who for a number of years have successfully operated a hotel incorporated into Norwich's stadium?

Do you think Brighton are the only club planning to build a hotel within the immediate environs of their ground?

Does that lessen the validity of my comment?.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here