Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
i didnt go so this is a genuine question...

The stats say we had 63% possession and 16 shots which is pretty good for an away game. So how was it crap?

Yeovil are astonishingly bad. We never looked like we would beat them.

16 shots? 63% possession? I've never left a game feeling less like I've seen a game with those stats.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks, I am considering a new career in the media as a sports reporter...

It said more in 3 words than Naylor usually says over 2 pages.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm sure it wasn't all bad. Yeovil's a nice place from what I've heard.

They all worship Paddy Ashdown and the Liberal Democrats down there.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore

The stats say we had 63% possession and 16 shots which is pretty good for an away game. So how was it crap?

We did have the vast majority of possession, yes, however we didn't do a great deal with it. For example, on many an occasion we had possession in the middle of the pitch and due to the lack of forward runners we were forced to hold onto it and recycle it sideways or backwards. There was very little pace or urgency about us. Yeovil were very poor and posed very little threat so you might just about argue we were the better side although kuszcak seemed the busier of the two keepers...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because the keeper having the ball counts as possession. Because a lofted ball that a player stretches for and gets a glancing header that skews off and out for a goal kick counts as a shot, as does a speculative effort from distance that flies high and wide, and an effort that is blocked a couple of feet after it's been kicked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here