Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

problems piling up

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
when you lose the second best manager we have ever had who had the players playing like a dream most of the time (whatever you might think about his demise or why it happened) there was passion in the club, where is that now?
when you lose players like Leo, Liam,and other essential players to the team.
when you have a manager who has not managed in the English leagues before
put that together with the fact it is the most expensive club to watch in the championship
and that we get the highest attendances in the championship, but never seem to be able to get the better players
when we have a Chairman who is a professional gambler who does seem to take the FFP way out rather than gamble that we might be able to get to the premiership
I have thought before that his gamble may be in the youth and a decent training ground, and that is a gamble if we visit the big "R" and that is not unlikely (Portsmouth, Coventry and even Luton)

all this
what do you really expect?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
when you lose the second best manager we have ever had who had the players playing like a dream most of the time (whatever you might think about his demise or why it happened) there was passion in the club, where is that now?
when you lose players like Leo, Liam,and other essential players to the team.
when you have a manager who has not managed in the English leagues before
put that together with the fact it is the most expensive club to watch in the championship
and that we get the highest attendances in the championship, but never seem to be able to get the better players
when we have a Chairman who is a professional gambler who does seem to take the FFP way out rather than gamble that we might be able to get to the premiership
I have thought before that his gamble may be in the youth and a decent training ground, and that is a gamble if we visit the big "R" and that is not unlikely (Portsmouth, Coventry and even Luton)

all this
what do you really expect?

Spot on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
TB is a professional gambler and poker player , the odds are against us with so many clubs still receiving parachute payments , why get caught cheating ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Keep stroking the cat.

I am on a regular basis
IMHO as I don't go to the Amex or to away matches, I try to glean as much information as I can from this board and replays on "Player" and hope I can at least give some sort of opinion looking from the outside so to speak (sometimes that can be better than being on top of any problems)
looking at things as they are it can only go one way unless someone instills some passion into the club as a whole, I think Gus done that probably to his own detriment, the club either need to throw a wobbly with the lower management and players or maybe lead from the front by taking a gamble.
all the FFP is being adhered to for a reason again IMHO it is to keep the club legal so at a later date it can be sold (I mean lets face it Tony is businessman as well as a fan) and this soon er than later, this is of coarse only my personal opinion, but I have noted others who are thinking along the same lines
upshot is its all about PASSION and in the moment in time where is it?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whether people care to admit it or not losing Poyet was a MASSIVE loss for the club, regardless of circumstances. Ok, he had a bad day at the office today but I am sure he will keep Sunderland up and at least the guy had something about him. Garcia is pretty much nondescript.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whether people care to admit it or not losing Poyet was a MASSIVE loss for the club, regardless of circumstances. Ok, he had a bad day at the office today but I am sure he will keep Sunderland up and at least the guy had something about him. Garcia is pretty much nondescript.

I agree about Gus although regarding the new guy you're a little harsh. You've got to give Garcia a chance. He has, to be fair, hardly been dealt a good hand with all the injury problems he's had. If we are in this situation one year on from now, then by all means get worried.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Injury problems piling up is the issue IMO.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Injury problems piling up is the issue IMO.

Lua Lua was largely a sub last season or did not feature

CMS was injured for most of the second half of last season

Hoskins injured for most of last season

Orlandi in and out last season

Bridcutt ever present.

Ulloa a big miss

We have looked very poor this season, our discipline in terms of marking and keeping a good shape has been terrible. This comes down to coaching or the players not buying into what they are being asked to do.

We are easy to beat at the moment and look poor against poor teams this is very worrying.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
We've got the majority of the first choice players on the treatment table at the moment ffs. What's the matter with you bunch of pansies.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO that half-hearted display v Palace in the second leg of the play-off semis knocked the stuffing out of the club. The players haven't recovered, the fans haven't recovered, and the self-serving c*nt of a manager at the time didn't give a shit. He had his exit strategy already planned. Playing the ball on the ground isn't exactly rocket science, even Fat Sam finally realises that, and having the luxury of the purse-strings loosened with the new stadium permission in the bag gave Poyet the luxury of a financial freedom none of the previous half dozen Albion managers ever had. In the end it was all about him, to the detriment of the Albion. Looking forward immensely to him imploding and doing a Di Canio before Xmas :xmas:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
IMHO that half-hearted display v Palace in the second leg of the play-off semis knocked the stuffing out of the club. The players haven't recovered, the fans haven't recovered, and the self-serving c*nt of a manager at the time didn't give a shit. He had his exit strategy already planned. Playing the ball on the ground isn't exactly rocket science, even Fat Sam finally realises that, and having the luxury of the purse-strings loosened with the new stadium permission in the bag gave Poyet the luxury of a financial freedom none of the previous half dozen Albion managers ever had. In the end it was all about him, to the detriment of the Albion. Looking forward immensely to him imploding and doing a Di Canio before Xmas :xmas:

Just about spot on there fella. Poyet left more than just a bad smell in the away dressing room.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

You really need to move on.

Poyet was great for us and he will do well as a manager. Wishing that he does badly is really very sad.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Calm down Gl, TB may be a professional gambler (for fun) but he hasn't made his fortune by sheer luck has he.
In TB we trust. Couldn't be in safer hands really.
Don't forget his BHA dynasty which goes back longer than many of ours.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You really need to move on.

Poyet was great for us and he will do well as a manager. Wishing that he does badly is really very sad.

The bloke's a fruitcake. The smarter on here predicted it would end in spectacular tears. the same people will be giving the same confident prediction for the Sunderland gig. He's Di Canio #2 and it will be funny as all fck to watch.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Just move on and wish Gus all the best - he has a hopeless task as it is. It will take more than a first game away at his idols SCFC to make a season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The bloke's a fruitcake. The smarter on here predicted it would end in spectacular tears. the same people will be giving the same confident prediction for the Sunderland gig. He's Di Canio #2 and it will be funny as all fck to watch.

He lasted three years longer than your smart prediction of being sacked by Boxing Day. To wish him harm in his future job is just spiteful imo.

The present Albion team does have key players missing but the players that played today did not look at all organised. They couldn't keep their shape or even know where their team mates where to keep possession. They looked like 11 strangers apart from a couple of good runs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here