Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to ask the question - Have you lost faith in the manager ?

Have you lost faith in Oscar ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 289 84.8%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ask the question again at Christmas when we have our injured players back.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Without a shadow of doubt.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes, massive confidence.

And SNEAKY POLL alert : The thread title is the OPPOSITE of the question above the poll.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Lost faith... no, I'll always give a manager time. Of course he needs to use that time to instil our faith in him - and he isn't faring well on that count.

I have to say from everything I'm reading, hearing and seeing, there is very little about him that seems special. He hasn't wowed us with his signings, there doesn't seem to be any kind of development of tactics, his interviews are catatonic at best - someone tell me something good he has done, something that shows even a glimmer that he is a good manager?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I misread it. I do have faith in the manager. The poll's not the same as the question in the thread title..

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I don't see a shambles .I do see a mid table team ,with or without the injured players.IMO the Amex /Poyet effect is fading and we are where our budget would suggest .Still a fantastic achievement ,from the Withdean. My worry is ,how do we get further under the new financial rules.!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Time to ask the question - Do you have faith in the manager ?

Yes, yes I do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
non, nein, nej, niet, לא, Hе, δεν, نه, no.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lost faith... no, I'll always give a manager time. Of course he needs to use that time to instil our faith in him - and he isn't faring well on that count.

I have to say from everything I'm reading, hearing and seeing, there is very little about him that seems special. He hasn't wowed us with his signings, there doesn't seem to be any kind of development of tactics, his interviews are catatonic at best - someone tell me something good he has done, something that shows even a glimmer that he is a good manager?

I know we will never find out, but I wonder how many of the people that have been brought in were burke's signings without Garcia being consulted. I assume Garcia would have gone back to his own clubs to look at players whereas we seem to be getting the likes of ward and Andrews and lita who seem to me like the anathema of a Spanish way of playing the game.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I still have faith in Oscar but I must admit, we need to start getting some points on the board and fast. Otherwise we will be in a relegation scrap. My concern in the summer was the championship is no place for a rookie manager(to English football) to cut his teeth in. It's probably the most competitive league in Europe and my fears are starting to ring true. We maybe PLR as Barber says, but we are a mile away from PLR on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here