Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Yeovil...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, at my sister-in-law's, she lives in the place.

Awful. Very few redeeming features. We never looked like scoring against a woeful Yeovil side who will be down by Easter.

Bruno in place of Calderon? Why? What has he done to deserve a place? He was utterly useless from start to finish.

Barnes was lost, Ince looked like a red card waiting to happen - so I was pleased that he was taken off at half time, but Lopez, who replaced him, has become a complete waste of space.

Greer's passing, once again, was hopeless. Andrews disappeared, Buckley only got going with ten minutes to go...

We really are very poor at the moment, and the momentum seems to be increasing in a downwards direction. I know we are missing players, but God, this was a truly useless Yeovil side, and they came closest to winning with two chances at the end.

Something seems 'wrong', and someone needs to get a grip before we get dragged ever further down.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Its very difficult to argue with any of that.
Even with the injuries it was a poor performance against a terrible outfit.
I thought Upson and Kooshack were very decent today though and Conway had a good first half.
Oh and the pitch was like a snooker table but I am struggling for positives now.
I find it quite depressing that the team can see that so many people have made an awkward journey spent a lot of money and packed the away end but seemed to not even step up and make an effort.

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
I agree with that. It was like watching league 2 football.
I'm wondering if some players are playing whilst injured/unfit to make up for our stretched squad.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Well, at my sister-in-law's, she lives in the place.

Awful. Very few redeeming features. We never looked like scoring against a woeful Yeovil side who will be down by Easter.

Bruno in place of Calderon? Why? What has he done to deserve a place? He was utterly useless from start to finish.

Barnes was lost, Ince looked like a red card waiting to happen - so I was pleased that he was taken off at half time, but Lopez, who replaced him, has become a complete waste of space.

Greer's passing, once again, was hopeless. Andrews disappeared, Buckley only got going with ten minutes to go...

We really are very poor at the moment, and the momentum seems to be increasing in a downwards direction. I know we are missing players, but God, this was a truly useless Yeovil side, and they came closest to winning with two chances at the end.

Something seems 'wrong', and someone needs to get a grip before we get dragged ever further down.

Said it last season and the season before , the ground and large crouds will not get us promoted or keep us in this division,spending next to nothing on the squad while spending close to 150 million on a shiny new white elephant was never the wisest of moves

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just back fro Yeovil...

Said it last season and the season before , the ground and large crouds will not get us promoted or keep us in this division,spending next to nothing on the squad while spending close to 150 million on a shiny new white elephant was never the wisest of moves

You don't spend 40k on a car if you live in a bedsit".......... but you can .

You would also get a better bird if you did.

Food for thought

D

Deleted member 18477

It was a 5 year plan until Gus threw the toys out the pram!

Maybe it's now a 10 year plan...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I thought Upson and Kooshack were very decent today though and Conway had a good first half.
Oh and the pitch was like a snooker table but I am struggling for positives now.
I find it quite depressing that the team can see that so many people have made an awkward journey spent a lot of money and packed the away end but seemed to not even step up and make an effort.

The last sentence answers why I couldn't be bothered to clap them off the pitch at the end. I usually get annoyed by fans who refrain from end of match clapping.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yes, I agree, particularly with the last sentence. I usually go to quite a few away games, but won't be busting a gut to do so this season. Yesterday was a completely flat experience.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Yes, I agree, particularly with the last sentence. I usually go to quite a few away games, but won't be busting a gut to do so this season. Yesterday was a completely flat experience.[/QUOT

I couldn't wait to get back to Sussex after that dismal display and I will not be spending anymore of my hard earned money travelling round the country until performances improve.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I gave up on away games once the Amex became home and I'm not really tempted back. Seems to have been some very poor away performances and, to have 2,000 fans making that difficult journey and getting utterly soaked as well, it's shameful that the team, who are paid and trained to play football, should put on such a tepid display.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I gave up on away games once the Amex became home and I'm not really tempted back. Seems to have been some very poor away performances and, to have 2,000 fans making that difficult journey and getting utterly soaked as well, it's shameful that the team, who are paid and trained to play football, should put on such a tepid display.

Just got back at 6.45pm today...cant say i got soaked...walked in at 2.55 ...brief shower then sunny....too sunny for most plenty of moans they cudnt see the ball...not that they missed much

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes, I agree, particularly with the last sentence. I usually go to quite a few away games, but won't be busting a gut to do so this season. Yesterday was a completely flat experience.

Due to a few reasons I dont get to many games either away or home these days so I was as excited as somebody who had something to get really excited about, then that happened.
My previous game was.......Bristol City away last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here