Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC advice - pop up words of wisdom please

I use Firefox, currently on v24. Despite having the "block pop ups" box ticked I still get messages telling me that I have won an iPod 5 (possibly) or inviting me to download/updated various media viewers. How do I make them stop. Use IE or Chrome are not the answers please.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I use Firefox, currently on v24. Despite having the "block pop ups" box ticked I still get messages telling me that I have won an iPod 5 (possibly) or inviting me to download/updated various media viewers. How do I make them stop. Use IE or Chrome are not the answers please.

You probably have a rouge browser extension/plugin. Either that or Malware on your system.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I have recently downloaded the registered version 'spyhunter' and it has cleared tons of spyware off my system. No more pop ups or unwanted adverts now. Very pleased with it so might be worth a go.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Try Adblock (free). It's worked a total treat for me on Chrome, and I see they have a Firefox version.

Credit my 16-year old daughter, not me, if it works.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You probably have a rouge browser extension/plugin.

Those reds get everywhere!

Another vote for installing Adblock Plus 2.4 - but don't tell Bozza...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
NoScript is what I use for this sort of thing - make sure you allow northstandchat to run scripts though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here