Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Hodgson - English Hero

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely the most effective way that football fans across the country can show their support for Roy Hodgson in wake of the ridiculous racist unfounded slur on him is for every group of supporters at every game tomorrow, at some stage, to strike up the chant, 'there's only one Roy Hodgson' etc etc. What sort of message would that send the gutter press about the attitude of true England supporters to the traditional four yearly attempt by the gutter press to undermine any challenge we have to major honors. We know that we probably won't win but the gutter press seem to try and ensure that they do anything they can to contribute to failure rather than success!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry, not sure what happened to the thread title, should have read English Hero. Perhaps a mod could amend?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Even better, stop buying the Sun

exactly. baffles me to think that people arent responsible and the papers are utterly unrelated to the rest of the british population. we have seen what can happen when the public turn on them. who would have predicted a decade ago the NOTW would go due to massive public revulsion.

the only people who fuel all this nonsense are the Great British Public.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Even better, stop buying the Sun

Not just the Sun,the Mail the Express the Star the Mirror, all of them lower than a snake at the very bottom of a very deep pit.Any one on here stupid enough to purchase any of these rags?

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not just the Sun,the Mail the Express the Star, all of them lower than a snake at the very bottom of a very deep pit.Any one on here stupid enough to purchase any of these rags?

Indeed. So many people deny buying it, but thr Sun alone supposedly sells 5m a day, so they must be going somewhere.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
exactly. baffles me to think that people arent responsible and the papers are utterly unrelated to the rest of the british population. we have seen what can happen when the public turn on them. who would have predicted a decade ago the NOTW would go due to massive public revulsion.

Quite right. they do what they do because people want to read it and they buy it. People have a lot to answer for!

I quote it often in here but

The public wants what the public gets - Paul Weller

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If The Scum had an ounce of decency they'd sack Gordon Smart. I can't stand that pr1ck. His snivelly little voice makes my blood boil.

That so-called newspapers treatment of Hodgson since he was appointed England manager has been a disgrace. The man should be applauded.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The last two England games, have been two of the best displays I have seen for many years from a England side. Hodgson is a good old fashioned honest manager, who doesn't try and over complicate things and sticks to the basics. Which is quite often a good formula for success.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Every single person I've spoken to is pretty happy about Hodgson and pretty glad Redknapp didn't get the job. Where are these mythical Sun-buyers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here