Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea v Sunderland

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Given how Poyet managed to get Brighton well organised and working extremely hard for one another in his first match as Brighton manager at Southampton back in 2009, I can well imagine that he has been working his players hard on the training ground in what time he has had with them as a group, what with the international break and everything. I can see this possibly bearing fruit for Sunderland tomorrow and it might not be such a bad thing that they are playing away to Swansea, rather than Swansea being the away side where they are then going to be counter-attacking. I think Fletcher is still injured for Sunderland and he's a big loss, but I can see Sunderland getting a draw down there.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I saw that earlier and got a bit excited. Then I thought about it a bit more. Poyet playing against the side he most wanted to emulate with a squad that are not used to his style of play and probably Ill equipped to do it. I'd love to see him have an amazing start but they have amassed ONE point all season. I can't see anything other than a Swansea win.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Swansea win....is it wrong of me to want Gus to fail? He had it all here and didn't finish off what could have been an amazing transformation of a struggling League One side to a Premier League one in four full seasons.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sunderland, everyones second team tomorrow?

Why?

Just because Gus is now their manager?

I like the football that Swansea play, and will be quite happy to see them win. The identity of Sunderland's manager for tomorrow's match will have as much bearing on my desire to see them win as it usually does, ie zero.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Big Sunday week when Sunderland host Newcastle.

Is our match on the Monday?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As everyone knows, Gus started with a great away win at Saints, then settled in to trying to sort out our defence whilst we suffered a number of defeats and dire draws. It all started clicking in the last third of the season. I would expect much the same, with the likes of Symjym gloating a lot for the next few months before Gus proves what a good coach he is.

The win today has to be a good bet.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not that worried about how well Gus does, but good luck to him nevertheless with his Premier League dream.

However, it would be truely great today to see a Sunderland win, and as a result Palace on the bottom of the pile.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not that worried about how well Gus does, but good luck to him nevertheless with his Premier League dream.

However, it would be truely great today to see a Sunderland win, and as a result Palace on the bottom of the pile.

Now that IS a thought!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Come on you Swans.
Hope Mr Poyet carry's on where di Canio left off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here