Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest thing that's ever happened to you?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I was about 20, sober, I put myself to bed. I was living in Dorking at the time. I awoke at about 3 in the morning at the base of Box hill behind my house. A man carrying what looked like a box stood about 30 feet away from me. He took a few paces toward me. Stopped and ran off to the right into the treeline. I went home and woke my Mother up but she thought I was making it up. I never got to the bottom of that. Totally unexplained.

Anyone else had weird/unexplained things happen to them?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When I was about 20, sober, I put myself to bed. I was living in Dorking at the time. I awoke at about 3 in the morning at the base of Box hill behind my house. A man carrying what looked like a box stood about 30 feet away from me. He took a few paces toward me. Stopped and ran off to the right into the treeline. I went home and woke my Mother up but she thought I was making it up. I never got to the bottom of that. Totally unexplained.

Well...no. I thought that I'd had some strange things happen in my life, but having read that I can safely say that my life has been boring and predictable.

Thanks Nibble.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
In a drunken, space-cake induced gaga-like state I once inadvertently walked through the wrong door and almost paid for a liaison with a blonde ladyman in Amsterdam.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm really not sure I believe you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing like Nibble's.

I did once get up, bollock naked in a hotel in London, in need of a piss, and without turning on the lights, opened the bathroom door and walked in. Only as my eyes focused, did it dawn that it was the wrong door, and I was stood, naked, desperate for a piss, in the corridor. Running like Frank Spencer, covering my essentials, I made it to the landing by the lifts, and found that there was a cleaner's cupboard unlocked. I had to hide in there with my legs crossed for a good 20 minutes, before someone came out of the lift, and I was able to plead with them through a little gap between the doors, to go to reception and get someone to let me into my room. Not my finest hour.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
A cat once spoke to me. He had a posh English voice and sounded quite elderly. I have a witness, a friend, who saw and heard it all and backs up my story 100% to this day.

The fact we were in Ibiza and it was 6am is irrelevant, the cat definitely spoke to me.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
When I worked in the Hospital I had all sorts of odd things happen. I was having a mini crisis at the time and was working on the triage desk in A&E. a blonde guy came in and was standing behind a lady I was talking to, when she went leave he leant over and started talking to me about my personal issues, then he gave me a a smooth blue token and said "put this away somewhere and when you need it most you can use it" then he walked off.

Now. This conversation lasted about 5 minutes and throughout the whole thing I don't remember hearing anything at all, no murmur of the waiting room or the usual carry on in a busy A&E...but when I looked around the lady I had been talking to,prior to the blonde mans arrival, was still getting up from the chair in front of me...no time whatsoever had passed.

I never saw the " token" again...and believe me I searched everywhere, I think I may have met an Angel. Then again I might have hallucinated the whole thing.

Some years later I was talking to John Dowie (a well known comedian and actor) who told me a tale of when he was directing an adaption of Heathcote Williams " Whale Nation" at Edinburgh.

On the last night he and the cast ( I think there were only 4 in total) were celebrating a successful run. In the busy pub were a group of blonde men who spoke in Scandinavian accents and wore heavy coats and jumpers as fishermen do...one of them came over to John and started talking to him. John said that when the guy stared into his he felt the vastness and loneliness of the Ocean...everything around him seemed to disappear, and the man said "do you know what it smells like on a whaling ship?" suddenly John was on the deck of a whaler, the stench of blood and the guts of a whale being butchered was overwhelming...he was being shown by this man the true meaning of whaling...John asked him " who are you? Are you God" the man just laughed and everything sort of snapped back into focus and the Nordic fishermen left. John swears these men were Whales who had taken the form of Whaling men to show him they approved of the message behind "whale nation" and his part in it.

The reason I relate both of these tales together is:

1. Both visitors were able, seemingly, to stop time to pass on a message
2. Both men had the most amazing ability to impress something powerful via their gaze
3. Both John and I were going through very tough personal times when we were visited..he was divorcing, I was struggling with addiction.
4: both of us experienced something profound and redemptive as a consequence.

When he told me his tale I somehow knew that both of us had independently met something or someone who seem to be very similar in character and intent.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I worked in the Hospital I had all sorts of odd things happen. I was having a mini crisis at the time and was working on the triage desk in A&E. a blonde guy came in and was standing behind a lady I was talking to, when she went leave he leant over and started talking to me about my personal issues, then he gave me a a smooth blue token and said "put this away somewhere and when you need it most you can use it" then he walked off.

Now. This conversation lasted about 5 minutes and throughout the whole thing I don't remember hearing anything at all, no murmur of the waiting room or the usual carry on in a busy A&E...but when I looked around the lady I had been talking to,prior to the blonde mans arrival, was still getting up from the chair in front of me...no time whatsoever had passed.

I never saw the " token" again...and believe me I searched everywhere, I think I may have met an Angel. Then again I might have hallucinated the whole thing.

Some years later I was talking to John Dowie (a well known comedian and actor) who told me a tale of when he was directing an adaption of Heathcote Williams " Whale Nation" at Edinburgh.

On the last night he and the cast ( I think there were only 4 in total) were celebrating a successful run. In the busy pub were a group of blonde men who spoke in Scandinavian accents and wore heavy coats and jumpers as fishermen do...one of them came over to John and started talking to him. John said that when the guy stared into his he felt the vastness and loneliness of the Ocean...everything around him seemed to disappear, and the man said "do you know what it smells like on a whaling ship?" suddenly John was on the deck of a whaler, the stench of blood and the guts of a whale being butchered was overwhelming...he was being shown by this man the true meaning of whaling...John asked him " who are you? Are you God" the man just laughed and everything sort of snapped back into focus and the Nordic fishermen left. John swears these men were Whales who had taken the form of Whaling men to show him they approved of the message behind "whale nation" and his part in it.

The reason I relate both of these tales together is:

1. Both visitors were able, seemingly, to stop time to pass on a message
2. Both men had the most amazing ability to impress something powerful via their gaze
3. Both John and I were going through very tough personal times when we were visited..he was divorcing, I was struggling with addiction.
4: both of us experienced something profound and redemptive as a consequence.

When he told me his tale I somehow knew that both of us had independently met something or someone who seem to be very similar in character and intent.

Genuinely fascinating. That is a fascinating story.

I have had odd occurences but not as vivid as that although it does involve Fishermen. One time I had missed the last train from Redhill to Dorking so had to walk it. As I was approaching the garden centre outside Dorking a disembodied voice from the dark treeline said "are you the fisherman"? I didn't answer. About 10 seconds later from way further ahead, no person could cover that ground in that time, the same voice yelled "I SAID ARE YOU THE FISHERMAN"? I sprinted home.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Apparently I sleep-walked for about a mile through dense forest when camping as a child, when I stumbled onto another campsite they had to walk me back to my tent. I don't remember any of it. Maybe it was some sort of Blair witch repressed memory.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
When I was about eleven I started stroking My manhood and then to My surprise I created salad cream albeit with a slightly salty taste. ???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
when i was 20 and worked at wheelers in brighton,i saw/felt a ghost,this is fact

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Remember going to bed with a hangover about 4pm one afternoon. at about 4.30 I awoke to find myself unable to move and my room a black vortex. I was pinned to my bed by an unseen force and something seemed to be on top of me. babbling obscenities into my ear and clutching my throat. I was paralysed and unable to speak. Eventually I managed to let a shout out and my brother came in and dragged me off the bed. Very frightening indeed.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
33 years ago, end of a hot summer's day I was just about to step on to the kerb crossing the road at the Old Steine when everything flashed and banged and I felt a sort of thump and my body jolted and I heard the loudest bang and crack (not that sort) and immediately smelt the ozone in the lightning and realised it must have touched down somewhere really close. Have had various accidents and other weird things happen since but that really left you me with a weird feeling and can remember it like it was yesterday. ��

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

right i kid you not,i was head chef and the manager had to leave early ,so asked me to cash up,everyone had gone and i sat down with a pint and the takings,
i saw the bathroom door open,i stopped what i was doing and got up thinking a draught was coming from a open window,no nother open and no sign of anyone(thought the chefs might have set me up.!!!
This happened again 5 mins later,so i got up and double checked the door,this was late 80s and the doors were solid with brass round handles,it deffo was shut tight!!!!
Once more it happened,i went to get up as the door was opened right out,and as i got near the door,i felt a ice cold shaddow brush my arm,i had short sleeved chefjacket on and the hairs on my arm and neck stood up,i shat myself,ran out and got home,my adrenaline was of the scale,i couldnt sleep that night.
Went to work and told the boss what had happened,he said that he was told that a lady had been locked in the wine cellar years ago and 2 people in the past had mentioned that they had also seen/felt something in the past.

i AM NOW 46 AND CAN REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE MOMENT,I WOULD NEVER AGREE THAT THEY DONT EXIST

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patreon
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
My first wife passed away in 1999 which was very sad. I tried to find her favourite silk scarf for the funeral but could not find it anywhere. I literally turned the house over- every drawer, cupboard etc but to no avail. After the funeral I donated all her clothes to a charity shop which meant going through all the drawers and cupboards again and it still didn't turn up. About 3 years later as I was getting dressed for work, I opened the second drawer of the drawers in my bedroom which I keep all my clothes in and had been using every day and the scarf was sitting on the top of the pile. I am by the way happily remarried.

Genuinely fascinating. That is a fascinating story.

I have had odd occurences but not as vivid as that although it does involve Fishermen. One time I had missed the last train from Redhill to Dorking so had to walk it. As I was approaching the garden centre outside Dorking a disembodied voice from the dark treeline said "are you the fisherman"? I didn't answer. About 10 seconds later from way further ahead, no person could cover that ground in that time, the same voice yelled "I SAID ARE YOU THE FISHERMAN"? I sprinted home.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
right i kid you not,i was head chef and the manager had to leave early ,so asked me to cash up,everyone had gone and i sat down with a pint and the takings,
i saw the bathroom door open,i stopped what i was doing and got up thinking a draught was coming from a open window,no nother open and no sign of anyone(thought the chefs might have set me up.!!!
This happened again 5 mins later,so i got up and double checked the door,this was late 80s and the doors were solid with brass round handles,it deffo was shut tight!!!!
Once more it happened,i went to get up as the door was opened right out,and as i got near the door,i felt a ice cold shaddow brush my arm,i had short sleeved chefjacket on and the hairs on my arm and neck stood up,i shat myself,ran out and got home,my adrenaline was of the scale,i couldnt sleep that night.
Went to work and told the boss what had happened,he said that he was told that a lady had been locked in the wine cellar years ago and 2 people in the past had mentioned that they had also seen/felt something in the past.

i AM NOW 46 AND CAN REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE MOMENT,I WOULD NEVER AGREE THAT THEY DONT EXIST

I don't disbelieve you at all. Weirdest feeling isn't it. I have had similar things happen. My girlfriend and I had, and this usually gets rolled eyes, a very scary afternoon up in Clapham Woods. I won't go into details but had never heard of the place in my life. Was a walk in a Sussex Pub Walks book we had. Googled the place the next day to see if it had any history. It does.

Spooked myself up at The Silent Pool outside Guildford once. Was convinced I was being watched from across where the water used to be. About 2 in the afternoon but weird, grey, winters day. Although that didn't feel as scarily real as Clapham Wood, think I just spooked myself.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yep,my kids loved me telling them about it,so clear to this day

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here