Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walking Dead Season 4

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Supermarket scene in first episode is awesome.

However, once again that old zombie film flaw raises its head again. Surely if you are dead and decaying surely your gums will have receded and if not fallen out your teeth will surely be very loose in the jaw and in poor condition from decay. In addition the set up of human teeth is such that we don't have the cutting and shearing power of say a white shark or a tiger. And let's forget that the pounds per square inch exerted by a perfectly alive human much less a decayed dead one is not that impressive. Yet with all this when a zombie bites the flesh seems to slip of the bone like the tenderest piece of prime rib. #justsaying

The zombies in Walking Dead are pretty manageable even with a sword or a sharpened stick.

Now the ones in World War Z they were different gravy. Think the cast of Walking Dead would have been wiped out in less than one episode by them.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
The zombies in Walking Dead are pretty manageable even with a sword or a sharpened stick.

Now the ones in World War Z they were different gravy. Think the cast of Walking Dead would have been wiped out in less than one episode by them.

The ones in the film perhaps, but in the book they are portrayed as shambling walking corpses, similar to in the Walking Dead.

The book is 100 times better than the film, incidentally

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
The ones in the film perhaps, but in the book they are portrayed as shambling walking corpses, similar to in the Walking Dead.

The book is 100 times better than the film, incidentally

if you can forget world war z is based on the book, its actually a good movie. the problem is they essentially used the title, and a tiny bit of the plot to make a completely different movie. The books is miles better, but the movie is still good

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Supermarket scene in first episode is awesome.

However, once again that old zombie film flaw raises its head again. Surely if you are dead and decaying surely your gums will have receded and if not fallen out your teeth will surely be very loose in the jaw and in poor condition from decay. In addition the set up of human teeth is such that we don't have the cutting and shearing power of say a white shark or a tiger. And let's forget that the pounds per square inch exerted by a perfectly alive human much less a decayed dead one is not that impressive. Yet with all this when a zombie bites the flesh seems to slip of the bone like the tenderest piece of prime rib. #justsaying

you tell that to evander holyfield

our incisors in particular can do some serious damage. i could very easily puncture skin with mine (although they seem pretty sharp in comparison to some others i've seen) so it doesnt ruin the immersion for me, although you are right in the fact sometimes when they take a bite it's like they are tucking into a lamb shank

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It doesn't get any easier in the zombie apocalypse does it?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just finished this half of the series, brilliant. Although my girlfriend was a bit traumatised by Herschel's demise

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Starting fourth season tonight. Excellent series and echo disappointing end to s3

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I love the walking dead, its my favourite TV show at the moment, but I still dont understand why they don't pick up some clean clothes from time to time - there must be plenty lying around.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I love the walking dead, its my favourite TV show at the moment, but I still dont understand why they don't pick up some clean clothes from time to time - there must be plenty lying around.

Also, where do they get their endless supply of petrol from?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

Agreed. Their brand new Hyundais seem to stay remarkably clean and shiny though.....

Does anyone get the feeling the Governor may not be dead??

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Also, where do they get their endless supply of petrol from?

From abandoned cars, lorries, tankers. Maybe even petrol stations. I don't think it would be too hard to find fuel in the zombie apocalypse. Just dangerous.

I'm looking forward to the second half of this season. One of the show bosses has hinted at some flashbacks revealing more about certain characters (Michone being one). I'm also glad to see the back of the Governor character. That whole storyline was a bit dull.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
From abandoned cars, lorries, tankers. Maybe even petrol stations. I don't think it would be too hard to find fuel in the zombie apocalypse. Just dangerous.

I'm looking forward to the second half of this season. One of the show bosses has hinted at some flashbacks revealing more about certain characters (Michone being one). I'm also glad to see the back of the Governor character. That whole storyline was a bit dull.

I think it would be pretty difficult to get fuel from a petrol station with no electricity to pump it out though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here