Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feature on the Brighton and Hove Albion power chair team

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did a piece on the power chair team for my blog and is now online HERE*

They have come a long way in a relatively short space of time but it is really expensive so are always on the look out for donations or sponsors etc.

One of the players also recently spent time at St George's Park on a training camp for the national team and could well feature for the England team at the next Euros and World Cup.

Just thought it would be nice to highlight this.

*And yes, I did ask permission before posting a link on here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good stuff.

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
Another recent article here on the team and the England call up http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albions-england-call-up-1115104.aspx

It's a shame they are not better funded by AITC. As NOTWORTHTHAT's article explains - it's a very expensive sport for the players and family and hey receive hardly any financial support from the club. I know at one point, there was talk of the players having to buy their own shirts and even pay to register as a team! They are now loaned shirts if needed for the game, but would be nice if they could have tracksuits etc for travelling to the tournaments, after all they are representing the club...

Here's another recent article about the England powerchair team, who are treated exactly the way the England football team are. Would be nice if the Albion would fund these guys in a similar way.....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/16/fa-cash-england-powerchair-team-world-cup

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheers for the heads up

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
AITC have held a powerchair tournament where I work for the last couple of years and the likes of Guy Butters, Danny Cullip and a few other ex pro's have put a team in.

Apart from looking like a great laugh (well watching Guy Butters squeeze into a tiny chair mainly) it also looks bloody difficult to do and the powerchair team make it look as easy as anything! They are really good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here