Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Things that your parents did that embarrassed you as a child?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Sat on the beach naked - thankfully no-one else on the beach (my father)
Wait for it to go very quiet in the cinema when a pretty lady was on the screen, then shout "Just look at those knockers!" at the top of his voice (my father)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Take his swimming trunks off whilst in the sea and wave them above his head (my father)
Invite people round for dinner and then be bloody rude to them the whole evening (my father)

Not sure how my mother put up with him, frankly! She was great!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My Mum used to go through the (Primary) school lost property to get me a 'new' p.e kit and new school jumpers.

Hated the fact I'd eventually sit next to a kid whilst wearing his/her jumper or p.e shorts...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lick her hanky then wipe "muck" off my face, leaving me with a face that, whilst looking clean, was actually covered in saliva.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lick her hanky then wipe "muck" off my face, leaving me with a face that, whilst looking clean, was actually covered in saliva.

We used to call that a "spit-wash" - Quite disgusting really.

Thank God for baby-wipes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My Mum used to make me and my brothers hold hands when we were out and about up til we were about 10. She's dead now.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Play Chris de Burgh CDs

I was on a Scout camp, my first as an APL. About half way through during the morning Parade our leader read out a letter he had received from a parent, the letter was explaining that all the teddies were missing the boy terribly and mumsy and dadsy were tucking them in at night.

Guess who the letter was for.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm a twin. When I was younger my mother used to try and convince other parents we were telepathic. This is generally how it would go.
"Yes, the Nibbles are telepathic aren't you boys?"
"No"
"Yes you are, you can feel each other's pain. You know when each other is upset don't you"
"No"
"Yes, you can. You are telepathic"
And on and on

My Dad used to do a thing which for some reason I found really embarrassing but only cos I didn't know what it was from. In fact I think my mate told me his Dad did the same which was strange. Anyway, whenever I had mates round we'd be up in my room playing with Zoids or transformers or some such bobbins, he would poke his head round the door and say...

"Good luck. We're all counting on you"

and disappear. Brillaint but embarrassing as he did it so much. So much.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
both smoked,,but was too late for my mum,my dad is now healthier that he was 10 years ago after quitting

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was on a Scout camp, my first as an APL. About half way through during the morning Parade our leader read out a letter he had received from a parent, the letter was explaining that all the teddies were missing the boy terribly and mumsy and dadsy were tucking them in at night.

Guess who the letter was for.

Bagera?

It's good, but it's not right.

arts-graphics-2008_1130259a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here