Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you bat like this?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is brilliant. Well worth watching. This is the OPENING batsman as well.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's tremendous batting, I like how tried EXACTLY the same shot on the second delivery.

I wish someone had filmed some of the games I've played in over the years, some of the VILLAGENESS would make for fine viewing. Just last season we came up against:
- A guy that came out to bat without pads
- An opener that when asked if he wanted to take guard said "what's a guard?"
- An opening bowler that kept his cap on even when the umpire (me) asked to hold on to it for the over
- A guy that batted about a foot inside his crease and wondered how he hit the wicket

Three of these were from the same team.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
:lolol:

Brilliant.

And no, I can't bat like that. That takes years of practice, and an unbelievably high level of incompetence.

And he was the opening batsmen you say, Mellotron? Clearly this has to be a one off. He is fantastically shit.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Probably because they knew that he was shit. But to set that up, make it look that real, you'd have to know what you are doing. He didn't.

I meant a set up of the batsman. Looks like they set him up for a fall. Told him it would be easy then film the effort.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He gave me his spare cricket bat as he felt so awful about it. I tried to refuse, but he was insistent.

The Tendulkar sponsored bat scored me my first half century (after a 20 year wait), so I quickly got over it.

Fate then.

Are you still using that bat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here