Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upson says Seagulls must be shrewder on their travels [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Upson says Seagulls must be shrewder on their travels[/h]9:00am Friday 18th October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2561383.jpg
Matt Upson says Albion msut become harder to deal with away from home
Matt Upson has called on Albion to smarten up on their travels.
The former England centre-half fears the Seagulls have become too easy to play against away from home.
He wants them to be cuter at next-to-bottom Yeovil tomorrow to get their Championship campaign back on track.
A run of one point out of nine before the international break dropped Albion into the bottom half of the table.
They return to action at Huish Park with Upson urging them to take on board the stunning effect of a tame 2-0 defeat in their last away outing at Ipswich.
He told The Argus: “Away from home I think we need to be a little bit shrewder as players and a group and maybe a bit more difficult to play against.
“The football we want to play is open and expansive and a passing game. That is how we operate and quite rightly so in my opinion.
“I enjoy it and I think it’s a good style of play but there are times where we are going to find it difficult to do that.
“It was the first real shock at Ipswich, the fact that we couldn’t get going at all.”
Head coach Oscar Garcia has to decide whether to restore fellow Spaniard Bruno to a defence which has conceded six goals in the last three games.
The experienced right-back missed the 3-1 home defeat by Nottingham Forest on October 5 as a precaution, because of a thigh problem.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here