Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attila and PB Q&A on FFP

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Have not seen this posted, so apologies if it has, but here are the links to Attila's and Paul Barber's Q&A earlier this week in which they discuss our favourite subject.....FFP. Nothing in there that is earth shattering, but interesting none the less.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did he say that Attila led the fans?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Perhaps the most salient point was PB's immediate agreement to my suggestion that, should we so desire, he'd be well up for a bi monthly informal open-to-all forum in Dick's Bar to address all the issues which are raised on here. That's up to us, ie you. Good idea? I reckon so.

Isn't there a fear that such a meeting of aired gripes might reduce NSC's content by 96%?
I speak cockishly.
It's a good idea. People have the opportunity to express their points of view and query the unknown, rather than just moaning all day long about it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have to say, as someone who hasn't been a PB fan, I was quite impressed with that.

Note to Attila - our problems didn't start in 1983, they started when we got promoted to Div 1 and started paying silly wages !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was really well recorded, I hope someone smacked the people that walked across though.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Perhaps the most salient point was PB's immediate agreement to my suggestion that, should we so desire, he'd be well up for a bi monthly informal open-to-all forum in Dick's Bar to address all the issues which are raised on here. That's up to us, ie you. Good idea? I reckon so.

I do think this is a good idea - any opportunity to ask questions of those in charge is always good. As you said in the video, there will be some who will not want to ask the trickier questions that may come up, and some that will just moan regardless. Paul Barber certainly seems keen and appears to be a honest and forthcoming chap. Go for it and if I am ever in the country when one is on, I will be there.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
'The league have got show that they mean business'

And that is the nub of the whole FFP discussion.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I would have liked to hear more from Paul Barber and less from Attila... the few bits we got were very interesting.... I love his long-term view...

"We want the get the club to a point where the club is losing money at a sustainable rate"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Said it was half-time. Is there any more ?

I think the 2nd half was Martin Perry and a local politician discussing the new training academy , the club hasn't put this on YouTube (or Seagulls Player) yet

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If Paul Barber is willing to attend, we'd be foolish not to take him up on the offer of regular Q&A sessions. It would be useful for both parties I'd imagine.

Oh and thanks Attila for pushing the football side of our club, I sometimes think that it gets overlooked in the continual marketing, strategic and boardroom meetings that the suits must attend. We're a football club first.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well whatever you might think about PB, like him or loathe him, (l like him), he is a very good speaker, puts his point across really well.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I thought that was really impressive stuff from PB.

As he pointed out, regardless of the introduction of FFP we need to be running the club on a sound commercial footing. We can't always rely on having someone like TB to prop things up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here