Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes, Lita, Barnes/Lita, neither...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Bit of a conundrum here.

Considering our midfield absentees and his role as a lone striker, I can appreciate Barnes had a tough job in the previous five matches. But he has yet to score in any of them.

Lita is clearly short of match fitness, but his championship pedigree can't be doubted.

Clearance allowing, who starts against Yeovil?

I go with Lita. Something different, with Barnes off the bench should the new boy fail to make an impression.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Barnes to start, Lita to come on sometime around the 60th minute i reckon.

Lita is short of fitness and has only trained for 2 days with the team, bound to be on the bench.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lita to start. Barnes to come on either to make a front 2 if we need a goal, or to replace Lita if he's tiring.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Lita to start. Barnes can have the weekend off.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Barnes and Lita is okay in the short term, but if we end up with a front two of CMS and Lita, I can guarantee we will get UKIP protesting at our games. Nige and the boys will be demanding we switch to an Imperial strike force.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Barnes and Lita is okay in the short term, but if we end up with a front two of CMS and Lita, I can guarantee we will get UKIP protesting at our games. Nige and the boys will be demanding we switch to an Imperial strike force.

Can we nickname them Weights and Measures?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Barnes to start, Lita to come on sometime around the 60th minute i reckon.

Lita is short of fitness and has only trained for 2 days with the team, bound to be on the bench.

That's what I'd have thought too. With Lita given his full debut at home if he does okay.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Start them both, Barnes as the second striker. It won't happen though as Lita will come off the bench for the last half hour

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Both to start, Albion up by four goals by the ed of the first half :thumbsup:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It gets worse, so Lita probably won't play and now Lua Lua is felled by an ongoing injury.......can it get any more depressing.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
With Lua Lua unlikely to feature, it may present an even better case to play Lita up front with Barnes playing the wider role so favoured by GP. It's hard to see us grabbing a win with Barnes taking on the lone striker role again. I'd say we pray for clearance by 4pm today and send Lita out for battle....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
With Lua Lua unlikely to feature, it may present an even better case to play Lita up front with Barnes playing the wider role so favoured by GP. It's hard to see us grabbing a win with Barnes taking on the lone striker role again. I'd say we pray for clearance by 4pm today and send Lita out for battle....
He hasn't played a game since May, he is very unlikely to be able to start a game, maybe 15 mins at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here