Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Penguin Classic..

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Look what's been released today... A Penguin Classic already!

mos.jpg

http://www.penguin.co.uk/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780141394817,00.html

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I remember him on Desert Island discs and it made interesting listening. He made references to later life and hinted he would not make it into old age. I look forward to reading this book.
Little known fact- The Smiths played live in Moulescomb.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably a rambling. long winded, complicated load of tosh but without the usual catchy tune.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Probably a rambling. long winded, complicated load of tosh but without the usual catchy tune.

Apparently the first paragraph runs four and a half pages. :facepalm:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I can imagine it's a great read, gripping from the first page to the last. Might just give it a miss and leave a void in my life by such a swerve.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thanks but no thanks. There aren't many people as much up their own arse as him. I really don't get why he hasn't moved to Argentina !

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
In 2006 Morrissey was voted the second greatest living British icon by the viewers of th BBC losing out to Sir David Attenborough.

I can't believe how he only came second. Especially to a pensioner who just hides behind bushes and talks about furry animals. His brother would have been a better choice, atleast he got to have a go on Princess Margaret and played " Pinkie " in Brighton Rock

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The original title was Mein Camp, apparently.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I don't really know about the bloke, I know he was from The Smiths and then went solo, all I remember about him is watching him on Jonathan Ross a few years back in one of his few interviews and he said he didn't like people and just wanted to be by himself, or words to that effect. And yet the bloke needs the people he dislikes to enable him to live. Strange man. If he doesn't have the time to talk to people like us, why should we bother to give him time and money? If it wasn't for his past he would just be another weird old recluse that lived at the end of the road who killed cats and set traps for little toerags to stop tresspassing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep. At Cockcroft Hall along Lewes Road. They use to have quite a few gigs there in the 80's. My Bloody Valentine played there as well.

Saw The Bureau a band formed by ex Dexys Midnight Runners members at Cockcroft Hall, early 80s.
Not sure how i missed The Smiths as i lived very near the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here