Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton gets thumbs-up from Germans

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
German travel blog goes a bit wild over Brighton

http://pushandreset.com/2013/10/14/grosbritannien-brighton-das-neue-england-an-der-london-road/

It's all in German but it's basically saying that Brighton is the dog's bollocks.

Who'd have thought that London Road and the New England quarter could be so sexy? Although I'm glad Emporium got a good write-up; it's a cool cafe.

Well, I always say positive things about my home town. It's pleasing to know I am listened to.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
"und weiter in das von cooleren Shops und vor allem vegetarischen Restaurants geprägte Viertel der North Lanes". Lovely use of an adjectival adjunct.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Brighton is heavily promoted by German travel agents. Also fairly recently there have been quite a few articles about Brighton in the German press. There is also a fairly large German population living and studying here.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brighton is heavily promoted by German travel agents. Also fairly recently there have been quite a few articles about Brighton in the German press. There is also a fairly large German population living and studying here.

That could well be true. In my last few games at the Amex, I've twice walked behind a group of Germans going to the game (I've heard a lot of Spanish as well, but that might be more expected).

Really liked that article: it was good to see another slant on the place - not one that focused on the beach, The Lanes or the Pavilion

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I didn't realise I live on the outskirts of the coolest part of the city, I shall be pointing out this article when I come to sell my flat :thumbsup:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
'At first glance, the area looks uninviting, squat houses, strange shops, old guys with attack dogs.'

Hehe

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'At first glance, the area looks uninviting, squat houses, strange shops, old guys with attack dogs.'

Hehe

Squat is not a good translation there: squat has another connotation when it comes to houses - perhaps compact would be better and I think quirky would be a better word than strange when it comes to the shops

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here