Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lita: I jumped at the chance to join Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Lita: I jumped at the chance to join Albion[/h] 5:00am Thursday 17th October 2013 in Albion By Steve Hollis
2684228.jpg
Leroy Lita celebrates a goal during his time with Middlesbrough
Leroy Lita*insists he had no doubts about signing for Albion despite turning down a number of moves to rival Championship clubs.
The former England Under-21 striker will go straight into the squad for Saturday’s trip to Yeovil Town after arriving on loan from Swansea until January 1.
Lita was linked with loan moves to Charlton, Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Blackburn earlier this season after being told he was surplus to requirements at the Liberty Stadium by Swans boss Michael Laudrup.
However, the 28-year-old had no hesitation in signing for the Seagulls yesterday to help fill the void left by injured strikers Leo Ulloa, Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins.
Lita said: “I had a few offers (before) but as soon as my agent told me about this place I didn’t have second thoughts about coming down here. “I know Brighton is a club on the up. I’ve only seen and heard really positive things about the club so it is exciting to get the opportunity to come and play here now.
“I know a few of the boys here like Kemy (Agustien) and Andrea (Orlandi, both former Swansea players) as well as Crofty (Andrew Crofts) and Liam (Bridcutt) but I didn’t need to call them to make my decision.
“As soon as I got the go-ahead I just drove straight down here to sort everything out.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here