Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones warns Glovers will be no soft touch for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Jones warns Glovers will be no soft touch for Albion[/h] 5:00am Thursday 17th October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2684232.jpg
Nathan Jones was captain, coach and assistant manager at Yeovil
Nathan Jones has warned Albion that his old club Yeovil are not a soft touch.
The assistant head coach insists the Seagulls face a stern examination on his return to Huish Park on Saturday.
Yeovil are next-to-bottom in the Championship without a win since the opening day of the season following promotion from League One.
Jones, pictured below, who spent seven years at the Somerset club as captain, coach and assistant manager, said: “Going back to Yeovil is fantastic really. I love the place, I love the people there.
“We always felt we were doing well in League One. Now, to be competing in the Championship, they have done outstandingly well and it will be a very difficult game.
“You know what you are going to get when you go to Yeovil. You very rarely catch them on a bad day and it’s a difficult place to go.”
Yeovil have yet to pick up a point at home and were thrashed 4-1 at Middlesbrough in their last outing before the international break but Jones says their results are misleading.
The Welshman told The Argus: “I have watched every single game of Yeovil’s, because funnily enough we’ve always had opponents they’ve had first and we’ve played next.
“They’ve missed the odd chance and been unfortunate with penalty decisions. We always complained at Yeovil that we never got decisions, especially against big clubs. We always felt we would never get the rub of the green and they will feel like that.
“They have been in every game. It was really only the Middlesbrough game where they were under par. In every other game they have been in it and they are competing. The one thing they will do is test you for 90 minutes. They have got good, honest pros, a great environment there. It’s going to be such a tough game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here