Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Fry BBC2 tonight

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Great stuff from Fry. Showing all the homophobic morons up by being reasonable in the face of absurd nonsense from bigots, religious loonies and the spectacularly thick.

Available on the iPlayer if you want to check it out.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've been watching in rather more interest than I thought I would. Mrs Spongy has been throwing insults at the tv that I didn't even know she knew.

Just goes to show just how un educated and behind us the world really is, I am shocked with the Brazilian politicians views considering how gay and glam mardi gras and their festivals are, and Russia is supposed to be classed as a western civilised society. Not third world but definitely not anywhere near us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Russia is so backward. Hardly surprising when someone like Putin rules the roost and their great wealth is controlled by so few who see fit to launder it elsewhere (and Britain welcomes them).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
First episode was on Monday. Was excellent, especially his clash with a homophobic Ugandan nutcase.

Saw a few minutes of that and the Ugandan guy was amazing - displaying such complete ignorance, and apparently quite proud of it. It's always best to let these people talk and show themselves for the idiots they are.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Very interesting programme and Fry handled it like a pro. No words can describe how these people around the world actually believe their own hype. Its worrying that in some ways they think like Hitler, where as he wanted rid of the jews, these homophobes would quite happily eradicate all gay people in there countries.

Again, most of it linked to religious beliefs. Brainwashed morons.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've been watching in rather more interest than I thought I would. Mrs Spongy has been throwing insults at the tv that I didn't even know she knew.

Just goes to show just how un educated and behind us the world really is, I am shocked with the Brazilian politicians views considering how gay and glam mardi gras and their festivals are, and Russia is supposed to be classed as a western civilised society. Not third world but definitely not anywhere near us.

When the classifications were made, Russia (or rather, the USSR) was referred to as 'Second World'. So in that sense, you're absolutely right.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Fantastic work by Mr Fry. Enjoyed this immensely and don't think I've ever been that bemused at some parts of the human race. He really showed up these people in Brazil, Uganda, Russia etc.

BUT, we still have a long long way to go in THIS country before we take the moral high ground. Homophobia is still quite prevalent here. Been charmingly called a queer arse c*** and a F****t by opposing supporters this season. Doesn't make me angry; just sad at these knuckle draggers.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Fantastic work by Mr Fry. Enjoyed this immensely and don't think I've ever been that bemused at some parts of the human race. He really showed up these people in Brazil, Uganda, Russia etc.

BUT, we still have a long long way to go in THIS country before we take the moral high ground. Homophobia is still quite prevalent here. Been charmingly called a queer arse c*** and a F****t by opposing supporters this season. Doesn't make me angry; just sad at these knuckle draggers.

It's like he said, you've got to remove fear and ignorance to win the battle. Unfortunately there will always be ignorant cretins in the world. Always.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very good program. I really liked the parents of the (was he Indian?) lad who was gay and living at home whose parents were very supportive. Loved it when the Dad said "Well, there's not much we can do about it now".

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Great stuff from Fry. Showing all the homophobic morons up by being reasonable in the face of absurd nonsense from bigots, religious loonies and the spectacularly thick.

Available on the iPlayer if you want to check it out.

In Mondays programme I particularly enjoyed the look on the face of the American guy, who claimed he had cured people of being Homosexual (he hadn't!), when Fry asked him if he was aware of the phrase Metrosexual and implied that he came over like a Homesexual himself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here