Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2014

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I am still waiting for my code from a company that said at 16:48 that I would have it in an hour... I am annoyed at waiting as I love FM

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Demo will be released a week tomorrow, will download that instead. Always spend first 2/3 weeks playing pretty much non-stop but then have no interest after that.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just got it, layout is a bit different but on the whole its alright.

Transfers are very realistic too. Also a good touch to finally get the actual fixtures from this season on the correct dates, even the game away to Bourmemouth on the game has been moved for TV !!

FFP is also included on the game - breaking the rules will get you the same punishments as real life too (embargos, fines etc).

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Just got it, layout is a bit different but on the whole its alright.

Transfers are very realistic too. Also a good touch to finally get the actual fixtures from this season on the correct dates, even the game away to Bourmemouth on the game has been moved for TV !!

FFP is also included on the game - breaking the rules will get you the same punishments as real life too (embargos, fines etc).

Thats won me over! Be interesting to see how spend their money now!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm currently in 2019 with West Brom on my FM12 save but I think I'll have to abandon the boys in favour of the new FM, looks brilliant, offers so much more than Fifa.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll get it at some stage, but my full focus right now is in late-2016 with my Villarreal side on FM13.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Never got 13 for some reason, any good? What's your CV like? :thumbsup:

Season One: Promoted from Liga Adelante as Champions, winning the league by 21 points.
Season Two: 3rd in La Liga
Season Three: 3rd in La Liga, Champions League Quarter-Finals
Season Four: 5th in La Liga, Champions League Last 16
Season Five (up to February so far): 2nd in La Liga with only one defeat so far, Europa League Last 32 First Leg against Braga up next.

Squad has been entirely overhauled over the period, with emphasis on young Spanish talent and quick, attacking football.

Beyond the Spanish 'core', which includes the likes of Dani Carvajal, Joel Robles, Inigo Martinez, Ander Herrera, Jonas Ramalho, Isco, Rodrigo and Cristian Tello, I've been able to grab the likes of Christian Atsu, Jetro Willems, Matej Vydra, Denys Garmash, Will Hughes, Alen Halilovic and, somehow, stretching every penny of Champions League money to its absolute limit and somewhat unrealistically fighting off Man U in the process, Mesut Ozil.

Average age of the squad this season is 24, so they're really starting to build towards what should be their primes. This season is a bit make-or-break as my contract is up in the Summer, so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
New game seems a little too easy so far. Played 3 games, beat Leeds 6-0(!), Plymouth 3-1 and Derby 3-1. Re-signed Vicente only for him to get injured before kicking a ball (v. realistic). Got Carlton Cole on a free as backup to Ulloa. Lualua and Andrews have been my best players so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here