Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski/ Snowboarding 2013/14

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Who is off where?

Looking at a week in Morzine this year. had a year off last season, but the season before I had the best snow I have ever had over on the France/Italy boarder. hopefully more of the same this year.

Cant wait to get back on my board, pissing off all the skiers.

Whats the worst thing about telling your parents you are a skier?

the fact that you have to tell your parents that you're gay. :wrong:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Off to Oberhausen for a week in December - really looking forward to it.

I've never seen the appeal of snowboarding, mind. I derive a lot of amusement from watching people who think they can 'board', only to see them, more often than not, end up in a twisted pile on the floor.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We had an amazing season 2012/13 I really hope this one is just as good! I'm heading to Tignes on the 2/3 Nov for some early season snow as it's already open on the weekends. I'll spend most of the winter between the Tarentaise valley and Chamonix. So excited for winter.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Off to Oberhausen for a week in December - really looking forward to it.

I've never seen the appeal of snowboarding, mind. I derive a lot of amusement from watching people who think they can 'board', only to see them, more often than not, end up in a twisted pile on the floor.

Nothing better than seeing a skier think boardings easy and royally **** it up. I go with a mixed group and have been for 6 years now, the first 3 days I dont think I managed more than 100 yards without falling over, the second trip I was ok, Now I'm as good as the better skiers we go with, its really not that hard once you get the hang of it and the offpiste is something else.

Cannot wait for this year.

I only ever went skiing once, then I got married.

Mayerhoffen 25 years ago, one of the best holiday's I ever had, couldn't get the hang of the actual skiing though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We had an amazing season 2012/13 I really hope this one is just as good! I'm heading to Tignes on the 2/3 Nov for some early season snow as it's already open on the weekends. I'll spend most of the winter between the Tarentaise valley and Chamonix. So excited for winter.

You never forget your premiere neige

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Week in Whistler in March, really looking forward to it as I dislocated my shoulder last year and missed most of the season.

There are three resorts in the States where snow boards are completely banned; Mad River Glen in Vermont and Deer Valley and Alta in Utah.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Flumserberg and Pizol beginning of feb. Few weeks ago in Zermatt in the cable car I bumped into Didier Défago and Silvan Zurbriggen, skis about 18" longer than they where tall, both recon they ski all the time on these except when it's bumpy had no chance to follow them down.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Morzine last 5 years has been brilliant. The new Plenney lift is taking shape nicely and they already have good snow.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Week in Whistler in March, really looking forward to it as I dislocated my shoulder last year and missed most of the season.

There are three resorts in the States where snow boards are completely banned; Mad River Glen in Vermont and Deer Valley and Alta in Utah.
Why would boards be banned ? havent got an issue , just wondered , as someone who's only been skiing once 25 years ago .

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
had a day at Whakapapa in august while on holiday - "safety advice, if you hear a rumble head downhill, but not in the gulleys, as the lava will flow there"

volcano skiing !!

normally have a long weekend in Chamonix march time, as i have a chum who lives there

Ski v Board - skied for 10 years, then 12 years ago, went on a 2week board learning holiday with mates - all learners together

every time i go away, i think i should hire skis for a day to keep in "touch", and everytime i think "waste of a days boarding"

most skiers don't want to be a beginner again for 3 weeks so dismiss boarding outright

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
had a day at Whakapapa in august while on holiday - "safety advice, if you hear a rumble head downhill, but not in the gulleys, as the lava will flow there"

volcano skiing !!

normally have a long weekend in Chamonix march time, as i have a chum who lives there

Ski v Board - skied for 10 years, then 12 years ago, went on a 2week board learning holiday with mates - all learners together

every time i go away, i think i should hire skis for a day to keep in "touch", and everytime i think "waste of a days boarding"

most skiers don't want to be a beginner again for 3 weeks so dismiss boarding outright
my sister lives in the alps and did both, but she's given up boarding now and just skis.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Love the Ski v Board debate, never gets old, gays on trays, dicks with sticks and all that... I am a snowboarder but I can ski, just rather ride... Few coming to Chamonix then, good shout. "The Pub" in town have shown any Albion game that's on Sky for me in the past.

As for the banning, it's a marketing thing, Atla and Deer as seen as upmarket, swanky resorts and the clientele don't want to see us jibber jabbers in our baggies buttering everything and making them look bad. As for Mad river, I think it's to do with the old 2 man chair to get up to the resort, some H&S BS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here