Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad for the World Cup

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Now that we are there, we can speculate on what sort of squad Roy will take to Brazil.

I know a year Is a very long time in football, but I would be very happy if our starting 11 in the first group game was the same, if not very similar to the 11 who started last night. I really hope spurs keep playing Townsend as he seems to be getting better game by game. The only doubt for me is the centre back pairing and the right back situation. We need a solid right back, not a mercenary man united defender (Jones, Smalling). Similarly I VERY much hope that Tom cleverly is left out of the squad entirely.

Thoughts?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Someone else wanna do it? Or shall I?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Okidoke. Before the vituperation starts for OP, I'll very politely state it's just a tad early to be discussing an England squad for next summer.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Now that we are there, we can speculate on what sort of squad Roy will take to Brazil.

I know a year Is a very long time in football, but I would be very happy if our starting 11 in the first group game was the same, if not very similar to the 11 who started last night. I really hope spurs keep playing Townsend as he seems to be getting better game by game. The only doubt for me is the centre back pairing and the right back situation. We need a solid right back, not a mercenary man united defender (Jones, Smalling). Similarly I VERY much hope that Tom cleverly is left out of the squad entirely.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
FINALLY a thread to discuss this burning issue.

I'd take Nobby Stiles and reckon that Geoff Hurst can fill in if Jimmy Greaves gets nobbled.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Aaron Ramsey surely. Can't believe he wasnt in the squad for these last two matches. Stupid decision. He has been amazing this season.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Thoughts?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...the-England-23-man-squad-*A-FUN-FUN-GAME-quot

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Okidoke. Before the vituperation starts for OP, I'll very politely state it's just a tad early to be discussing an England squad for next summer.

And i'll politely reply that i did mention that in the OP.

Forgive my excitement, but seeing as our current season seems to be going, shall we say, not to plan; its fun to speculate.

but i'll accept the fixtures :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here