Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardinho

MATT_

Oct 12, 2013
Wolverhampton
Wolves fan in peace!

Always had a soft spot for your club, just wondered how Wardy was getting on for you? He's been piss poor for us for years but not heard much on him so far this season? Always backed off in his own 6 yard box which infuriated the hell out of our supporters and generally a poor footballer from what we saw in his 6 years here. Part of the deadwood that we need moving on from our point of view but maybe he needed a fresh challenge? Either way hope he's doing well for you lot so you can take him off our hands in the near future! :p

I'll take this opportunity to say how classy your fans were on that horrific final day for uslast season - great bunch of supporters. :)

Good luck for the season! :thumbsup:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's done ok and looked fairly solid but he's never going to be able to live up to the standards set by Wayne Bridge last season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not as good as Wayne Bridge but miles better than Marcos Painter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's done ok and looked fairly solid but he's never going to be able to live up to the standards set by Wayne Bridge last season.
But for x amount of thousands of pound less, he seems to be a pretty decent bit of business.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He played an important role in the game against Reading, when that fella did the over head kick to clear and Reading sprung a very quick counter attack, Ward was in the right place at the right time and made a very important tackle to win back possession.

I like him, obviously Bridge was spectacular; a right coup for the club to get him. But Ward's done good enough for me.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'll take this opportunity to say how classy your fans were on that horrific final day for uslast season - great bunch of supporters. :)

Ditto, thought your lot were a great laugh in the face of such misery, which one of your players was it again that you all chanted at near the end of the match? :thumbsup:

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Wolves fan in peace!

Always had a soft spot for your club, just wondered how Wardy was getting on for you? He's been piss poor for us for years but not heard much on him so far this season? Always backed off in his own 6 yard box which infuriated the hell out of our supporters and generally a poor footballer from what we saw in his 6 years here. Part of the deadwood that we need moving on from our point of view but maybe he needed a fresh challenge? Either way hope he's doing well for you lot so you can take him off our hands in the near future! :p

I thought your fans were a credit to your club that day, especially when you came with a bad rep due to a few idiots the week before at your place. I loved the bit when Johnson (I think) threw his shirt into the crowd and someone threw it back.....brilliant.
As for Ward he's decent but as some have said, not a patch on Bridge.
Good luck mate, I hope you get promoted as you lot deserve to playing at a higher level, I like your manager too, always comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke!

MATT_

Oct 12, 2013
Wolverhampton
Ditto, thought your lot were a great laugh in the face of such misery, which one of your players was it again that you all chanted at near the end of the match? :thumbsup:

Thanks :) unfortunately that cretin is still at the club though :(

Top 6 finish for you this season methinks when the league starts to take shape.

Jimmy Grimble

I've been calling him Louisa thanks to the uncanny resemblance he shares with a girl my friend asked out!

*shudders*

Ward has been solid if unspectacular.

MATT_

Oct 12, 2013
Wolverhampton
I thought your fans were a credit to your club that day, especially when you came with a bad rep due to a few idiots the week before at your place. I loved the bit when Johnson (I think) threw his shirt into the crowd and someone threw it back.....brilliant.
As for Ward he's decent but as some have said, not a patch on Bridge.
Good luck mate, I hope you get promoted as you lot deserve to playing at a higher level, I like your manager too, always comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke!

Yes, no one wanted that f*cker's shirt, it was a young lad about 2 rows in front of me who burst into tears and threw it back!

Ta! And good luck :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Wolves fan in peace!

Wardy has, in my opinion, done exceedingly well for us but of course Wayne Bridge was a hard act to follow.

That final day for me created something of a bond for the future and I for one will always look forward to meeting Wolves and their fans again. Sorry that it had to be under the circumstances which existed pre kick off.

Hope and expect to see you back in the Championship next season assuming we are still there.

Good luck for the season which seems to have started well enough for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here