Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this Paul Clark or Teddy Maybank?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Given that I have a personal blindspot to telling these players apart, could you tell me if this is our tough-tackling midfielder or our rather expensive centre-forward?

Thanks

clarkormaybank.jpg

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I could understand if you could not tell the difference if the picture was taken when Teddy Maybank scored with the assistance of a smoke bomb:smokin:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks, guys!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That is a nice kit. I've got the TOFFS long-sleeve version. Do you reckon it's possible to have it altered into a short-sleeved top?

I don't know about 'altered', but if you buy something from TOFFS, you can call and ask them to make a short-sleeved version.

You'd have to wait for one to be tailor-made, and they might charge a small premium - but it is do-able.

I got my Brighton 1960s shirt (plain blue body, white sleeves) made short-sleeved, even though the club never played in that kit in short sleeves.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Yep. My first replica kit (shirt, shorts, socks + Gola boots) bought for my ninth birthday in 1978.

£22.00 for the kit, plus £6.00 for the boots from David Rose Sports in Dyke Road.

£22 in 1978 is c£108 today! And for a junior's kit! OMG!

Surely out of reach for most families back then (and probably explains why I never got a kit, being a couple of years older than you)?

And we moan about the cost of replica kits for the kids nowadays!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm sure that's me in the crowd over his left shoulder.
Maybank memories, Blackpool away 78 I think. They were near the top but we went and beat them. Maybank in one of his early games scored in front of the away end. First pint of Tetleys Bitter.
Paul Clark. I remember him breaking someones leg in front of the dugouts. He was an animal and wouldn't last 30 seconds now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sign him he is probably all we will get until January

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
sign him he is probably all we will get until January

And Malcolm Poskett. And if each one can manage a hat-trick around Christmas once more, it will have been a tidy bit of business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here