Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll get a loan striker in by the weekend?

Will we sign a loan striker in time to play on Saturday?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still looking according to today's Argus, although Obika has picked up another injury so it probably won't be him.

"Lots of plates spinning" according to Burke, so will we catch one or will they all fall and break leaving us with just Barnes come Saturday.

So do you expect us to get someone in before Saturday?

My optimistic gut feeling is that we will....

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I expect to get someone today, but then I did yesterday too. But I stand with the club in not just signing anyone because they're called a striker. Patience is money saved toward a better investment. :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expect to get someone today, but then I did yesterday too. But I stand with the club in not just signing anyone because they're called a striker. Patience is money saved toward a better investment. :wink:

It is such an important position that although I understand the logic in bringing in the right player, I think we need to take a gamble if we can't get the ideal player. Tumbling down the league is the alternative IMO. I'd be worried about going to Yeovil even if we did have choices upfront, just the sort of game Albion lose regardless. A defeat on Saturday will be a mini disaster IMO. The club, appearing to be dragging it's feet will only aggravate the reaction from fans.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's all getting a bit like the Withdean years when the club would claim to be chasing several top targets and then **** all would happen

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think we will, but if we don't, it is nor for want of trying. Fully agree with the comments in the Argus article re what would be the point in signing some premiership reject who has been on the sidelines all season so far and couldn't hit the ground running. Oscar's comments last week about not signing someone who was close were that he was "not fast enough".

One has standards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am finding it a little bizarre, that this is still on going.
We ended last season knowing we needed forward cover, and still nothing.

It certainly makes me wonder what constraints David Burke and his team are working under.

scooter1

How soon is now?
The point that interested me in the article was the bit about Premiership clubs wanting guarantees that a player would be given a starting role, even though that player was deemed surplus to their 25 man squad, and they expected the bulk of the wages to be covered. Surely its in the clubs interests to get their player out there, and if he turns in a blinding loan spell then he can be sold, or welcomed back into their 25 in January.
I wonder how close to a return Mr Murray actually is....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The point that interested me in the article was the bit about Premiership clubs wanting guarantees that a player would be given a starting role, even though that player was deemed surplus to their 25 man squad, and they expected the bulk of the wages to be covered. Surely its in the clubs interests to get their player out there, and if he turns in a blinding loan spell then he can be sold, or welcomed back into their 25 in January.
I wonder how close to a return Mr Murray actually is....

Agreed - I think it just all shows how difficult it might be (obviously is) to get someone worthwhile.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I voted no on the basis we've needed one since the end of August, so why will we change now?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Still looking according to today's Argus, although Obika has picked up another injury so it probably won't be him.

"Lots of plates spinning" according to Burke, so will we catch one or will they all fall and break leaving us with just Barnes come Saturday.

So do you expect us to get someone in before Saturday?

My optimistic gut feeling is that we will....

Plate 1 - wait for Ulloa to return.

Plate 2 - wait for CMS to return.

Plate 3 - wait for Hoskins to return. Crash. Forget plate 3...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here