Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

phone advice - new low end on a plan

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is time to upgrade my phone.

What do the great and good of NSC recommend. Galaxy, Iphone (older one) , HTC or Nokia?

I am loathed to go the iphone, because I have nothing else apple and don't really want to get involved with itunes.

Anyone have anything they think is fantastic?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I and my wife both have Samsung's and they're great phones. My advice to people is if you are already locked in with apple, then stick with them, if not save yourself some money and go android, so in your case look at the galaxy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I and my wife both have Samsung's and they're great phones. My advice to people is if you are already locked in with apple, then stick with them, if not save yourself some money and go android, so in your case look at the galaxy.

This. And visit a 3 showroom and haggle.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am on Vodaphone (Australia)usually can do a deal over the phone with them.

I am currently using an HTC desire with a keyboard and am leaning towards the htc but might have a closer look at the sony as it is cheaper.

scooter1

How soon is now?
It depends what you want it for. I have a Nokia windows phone and it has great integration with the Office products I use for work, however the app store is a little thin. Mrs has an iphone and I have to say I really like it. I've been opposed to the whole Apple domination thing, but we have this iphone and an ipad, and both are great!
I should add, I pay £14 per month for the iphone, on a 2 year deal. 300 mins, 300 texts and 500Mb data

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I want a good all round phone really. I use my current one a lot to listen to podcasts and it gets dropped a lot (i listen in bed to help fall asleep) but also want to surf, text and maybe even speak to people using my voice.

To be honest I am leaning towards the Sony Xperia z as it is free on my plan whereas the HTC one will cost me $7.50 a month and the Galaxy s will cost $6.50. I have not yet spoken to vodaphone yet as they often offer a better deal when you talk to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I asked this question NSC pointed me in the direction of a £99 Nokia 610, and £10 a month on Giffgaff, happy days.

I looked the other day and Nokia now have 2 better £100 phones, it all works well for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have just ordered the Sony as they wouldn't budge on the prices quoted (already discounted sir!!)

Thanks for the advice!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am on Vodaphone (Australia)usually can do a deal over the phone with them.

I am currently using an HTC desire with a keyboard and am leaning towards the htc but might have a closer look at the sony as it is cheaper.

I have recently gone from a HTC Desire to a Samsung Galaxy, couldn't decide between the HTC One and the S4 but went for the latter as it was on offer so a fiver a month cheaper and no initial fee, very pleased with the phone, and its still the best smartphone on Which.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here