Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best footie pubs

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Meeting a mate in town for the England game, we're still yet to find a decent pub in/near centre of town to watch the football.

Any recommendations?

Oct 25, 2003
i'm yet to find the happy medium between "shit pub that is good at showing football" and "good pub that is shit at showing football"

don't think I've EVER enjoyed a pub football experience in Brighton....possible exception of during a tournament where most pubs are showing it, and you can kind of predict where most of the "tournament dicks" ("I only watch football during tournaments, know absolutely nothing about it but I'm going to be VERY vocal about where I think England are going wrong here....") are going.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i'm yet to find the happy medium between "shit pub that is good at showing football" and "good pub that is shit at showing football"

don't think I've EVER enjoyed a pub football experience in Brighton....possible exception of during a tournament where most pubs are showing it, and you can kind of predict where most of the "tournament dicks" ("I only watch football during tournaments, know absolutely nothing about it but I'm going to be VERY vocal about where I think England are going wrong here....") are going.

Go to the King and Queen for a match that isn't involving England or an English team and it's a great atmosphere

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

This is my dilemma. It doesn't even have to be a great pub, just a place with a good size or view of a screen that isn't overly crowded.

I cant believe we're a city that doesn't have any decent places to watch football. There must be something out there.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
i'm yet to find the happy medium between "sh*t pub that is good at showing football" and "good pub that is sh*t at showing football"

Absolutely this - Do you want a decent atmosphere or a decent pub is the question you generally need to ask yourself?

The Wellie by the station has a lot of screens and normally a pretty good atmosphere.

The Nelson used to be good but their big screen is knackered now

Do they get the big screens down in the Queen's Head (opposite the station)? That could be a go'er.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The Bear on lewes road has two projector screens along with another 4 or 5 TVs that can show a number of games at once (ie saturday lunchtime pre match shows premiership and championship game).

They also serve Harvey's.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
And if you don't like the Footie you can always drink Harvey's, Dark Star Partridge, or Kings of Horsham Poachers Moon or drink the nat piss larger:ffsparr:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
classic example of average pub but good for sport (if showing it) is Blind Busker in Hove - as it is Tuesday too and £1.99 a pint of bitter, the less than classy surroundings are more than compensated for!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The Bear on lewes road has two projector screens along with another 4 or 5 TVs that can show a number of games at once (ie saturday lunchtime pre match shows premiership and championship game).

I love the Bear; one of my favourite pubs. Always a good option on matchdays before jumping on the park and ride

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Luckily, they also serve Hobgoblin.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here