Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst violence away from home ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Following on from the worst violence at the goldstone thread.

What is the worst violence you have seen on your travels following BHAFC ?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Palace away was always pretty lively in the early eighties, another one that sticks in my mind was Peterborough away, outside the ground was mental, again early eighties.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Remember the 87/88 season and trips to Southend, gillingham, aldershot, brentford and Northampton got lively, especially the cup games !!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Palace was always a laugh...Chesterfield...last match of the season. We needed a win to be promoted as champions...we drew...Brighton fans started getting onto the pitch, and i think the ob thought we were off to congratulate the players....they figured it out when we got past the halfway line, but by then it was too late.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Peterborough in 86 was probably the worst for sheer mindless vandalism, the shopping centre, the pub before the game etc. Palace in about 81/82 on Boxing day strangely enough, when everyone went by coach. Brentford twice the same season, including the infamous police comment, "who's the worst you've had here this season?" "you" who's the second worst? "you in the cup" :lolol:

Northampton in 88? Scary, Southend, and the worst for actual violence, step forward Oxford Utd....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not necessarily the worst, but certainly the freakiest for me was Aldershot away in the cup the year we put 6 past them, 2000 or 2001 I think?

Long story short, but I happened to be in The Shots pub, full of Aldershot when it got attacked by Albion. Very weird being in a pub full of the opposition when being attacked by Albion. Fortunately there was a back exit to the pub which we found pdq.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Northampton in '88. Was that the game we were shepherded into a buses that drove off in a convoy that was attacked with bricks?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Peterborough in 86 was probably the worst for sheer mindless vandalism, the shopping centre, the pub before the game etc. Palace in about 81/82 on Boxing day strangely enough, when everyone went by coach. Brentford twice the same season, including the infamous police comment, "who's the worst you've had here this season?" "you" who's the second worst? "you in the cup" :lolol:

Northampton in 88? Scary, Southend, and the worst for actual violence, step forward Oxford Utd....

What year at Oxford and what happened?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Year? Not sure. late eighties? 20 v 30 Oxford outside a pub for about 30 mins . Pool cues, glasses, people unconscious in the street. Police didn't turn up for ages apparently or so I heard...

Heard this story and another one from the early 80s when some Albion in a pub in Oxford got attacked and chased into the pub kitchen, then attacked Oxford with some boiling cooking oil.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Canvey in the FA cup. Jesus Christ.
Southend when someone tried to set fire to the roof of the Prittlewell end...

For me personally though it has to be Pompey in 2005? Went to a pub in Havant for a game of pool with a couple of lads from the Hollingbury...we got attacked by a bunch of Pompey sailor bummers with pool cues and beer glasses...got legged across the car park under bombardment of plant pots, bricks, bottles and all sorts. I managed to break some twats nose but got broken ribs and my mates car was ruined. The Landlord of the pub was bloody brave too, he helped us escape.

There was some nonsense at Northampton too...but for sheer terror and fear for life that Portsmouth trip tops all

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Not necessarily the worst, but certainly the freakiest for me was Aldershot away in the cup the year we put 6 past them, 2000 or 2001 I think?

Long story short, but I happened to be in The Shots pub, full of Aldershot when it got attacked by Albion. Very weird being in a pub full of the opposition when being attacked by Albion. Fortunately there was a back exit to the pub which we found pdq.

As I only started going to away games in the mid 1990's, this is the worst I've seen. I was in the kebab shop next to the pub when a coach turned up and everyone got off to attack the pub. It escalated pretty quickly and the pub was absolutely trashed.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

some well known lads out that day from a certain estate

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh...and Euston station combination of Albion, Forest and Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here