Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kansas City Chiefs

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
A new world record for crowd noise at 137.5 decibels. What do we create and is the world record there for the taking?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking American World Records aren't quite the same as everybody else's :lolol:

The Olympic boxing and Velodrome instantly spring to mind.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I can't help thinking American World Records aren't quite the same as everybody else's :lolol:

The Olympic boxing and Velodrome instantly spring to mind.

Because nobody else has ever bothered to record it before is the sole reason they are able to claim this 'record' I reckon.

I think this is the in thing at the moment. Wasn't this record broken a few weeks ago before the chiefs-raiders game by the seahawks?

It'll probably soon stop when someone sues for damages caused by the noise.

Oct 25, 2003
they obviously weren't recording at Brighton & Hove Albion vs Boston United in the LDV Trophy at Withdean Stadium in 2003

my ears were literally bleeding

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because nobody else has ever bothered to record it before is the sole reason they are able to claim this 'record' I reckon.
True, although I was querying the 'world' part of it.

By World Record they do mean North America, right?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
True, although I was querying the 'world' part of it.

By World Record they do mean North America, right?

They mean the NFL probably, although in the video they do mention 'outdoor' so that would exclude your precious velodromes. The Withdean's still in with a shout though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They mean the NFL probably, although in the video they do mention 'outdoor' so that would exclude your precious velodromes. The Withdean's still in with a shout though.
Ah that's pretty loud for outdoors.
There's got to be a football match that can out do it though.

The what about the thingy stadium in Brazil, or Parkhead when Rangers are popping over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I was there for the Bolt 200m final win in the Olympics, and also for the Joshua points decision in the final at Excel. They were both pretty loud. But nothing compares to the noise when Eric Potts scored 2 in the last 5 minutes to over turn Sunderland, back in 78 at the Goldstone in front of about 31000. THAT was pwoppa noisy.........

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Americans set a record for a 'soccer' game? Blimey, would of though stadiums like Anfield, Celtic Park or some of the Turkish or Italian sides on Champions League nights would of been louder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here