Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England playing away to Poland, at Wembley.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Its a tad embarrassing that Wembley no longer gets to full capacity! It doesn't help tickets be ridiculously priced... Neither do the performances on the whole. But you would expect for a game of this importance Wembley to be a complete sell out with England fans!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mental isn't it.

Other teams / countries give the away support a tiny little block, up in the gods MILES away from the pitch to ensure that the "home advantage" is fully gleaned.

We seem to have decided the complete opposite is done. I don't know where their seats are, but it won't be upper tier only, they'll be pitch level, cheering on their boys.

Yeah, well done the FA!!

#clueless

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What are you moaning about? Tickets sold is tickets sold, and the Poles will generate an atmosphere. People will LITERALLY moan at anything they can.

If Poland will sell 18,000 tickets, they can have them. How many England fans will be there? 60,000? Yeah, just like playing away... ???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Isn't there still going to be around 70,000 English people there though?

Perhaps if just a few of the people across the country moaning about this decided to go instead of watch it on TV, the FA would not have decided to cash in by selling tickets to the Polish fans...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair the best atmosphere I have seen at an England game for a few years was when the Scots were given a significant number of tickets. Gets the home support going a bit more than normal when there is a decent away support.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What are you moaning about? Tickets sold is tickets sold, and the Poles will generate an atmosphere. People will LITERALLY moan at anything they can.

If Poland will sell 18,000 tickets, they can have them. How many England fans will be there? 60,000? Yeah, just like playing away... ???

We'll see. I quite happy to bet you a lot of money that the 18,000 Polish will comfortably outsing the 60,000 English. And that's ignoring the additional English based Poles who end up in the home areas regardless.

Isn't there still going to be around 70,000 English people there though?

Perhaps if just a few of the people across the country moaning about this decided to go instead of watch it on TV, the FA would not have decided to cash in by selling tickets to the Polish fans...

They didn't do it to cash in. Alledgedly.

It was to prevent the Poles trying to buy in the home bits.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We'll see. I quite happy to bet you a lot of money that the 18,000 Polish will comfortably outsing the 60,000 English. And that's ignoring the additional English based Poles who end up in the home areas regardless.

They didn't do it to cash in. Alledgedly.

It was to prevent the Poles trying to buy in the home bits.

I think the word Alledgedly is probably key there. As someone who has been to a few England games I have been getting emails for WEEKS pushing ticket sales for this game. I suspect they knew there could be a load of empty seats so may as well sell them to the Polish fans.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Have to agree it's making me even more nervous. The Poles will be right behind their team unlike our usual Wembley selection of suits and Japanese tourists.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Can't see what all the fuss is about. A few loud, drunk Poles going out and having a sing song...just like any normal work day in England generally

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If they drown out that poxy googling band then it can only be a good thing.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The most impressive away following I've seen was at an England v Scotland game at Wembley in the early 70s but felt like the game was being played in Glasgow. Looked like there were 50k jocks inside and about another 5k locked out all baying for English blood. When they sang Flower of Scotland and waved their flags you could see that about 2/3 of the ground seemed Scots. It was like being on the film set for Braveheart. No quarter given on the pitch either, with some eye watering tackles going in across the pitch and somehow England scraping a 1-0 win. Us England fans gave a good account and the combined effect was mega spine tingling. Still haven't heard anything like it since.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

How many of that 60,000 will be corporates, tourists and the various other types of silent fan?

I reckon with 18,000 in the "away end" the Poles will comfortably make more noise than the "home end."

I just don't see why we would risk the £££s that qualifying will generate, in extra for a few extra quid tomorrow. We should be doing EVERYTHING we can to maximise home advantage, not give it away and hide behind some nonsense about "they'll only get tickets in the home end otherwise.

Load of old balls really, next they'll be putting red and white lighting in the away end and having pictures of their legends on the walls to make them feel at home, maybe they'll have their local drink in the concourse too.

Nah, nobody would go that far, would they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here