Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bundesliga: The crisis that saved German football

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Apologies if already been featured.

Could English FA and Premiership work as smoothly together to aid the future of the English game?
I have my reservations about both bodies and where their interests are based.
Interestingly our club seems to be inline with the new German philosophy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24449376

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just like to say I'm loving the Bundesliga highlights every Monday night at 10 pm on itv 4
Great goals matches stadiums and atmos at all the games, great viewing especially as I never find out the scores before watching highlights

D

Deleted member 18477

I enjoy watching Bayern and Dortmund in the champions league... The rest? Nahhhh.

The German league is fast becoming the Spanish league and Scottish league of old. 2 top teams...

The premiership... Well this season there's 6 realistic winners or at least who are challenging with some intent. Are our top teams as good as bayern, Dortmund, Madrid or Barca? No... But at least the league is more open - especially now that sir Alex is gone.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I enjoy watching Bayern and Dortmund in the champions league... The rest? Nahhhh.

The German league is fast becoming the Spanish league and Scottish league of old. 2 top teams...

The premiership... Well this season there's 6 realistic winners or at least who are challenging with some intent. Are our top teams as good as bayern, Dortmund, Madrid or Barca? No... But at least the league is more open - especially now that sir Alex is gone.

You are missing the point surely? Football is not just about how good the top teams are or how competitive the leagues is (this season). It is, or should be, about the fans and coaching young players. The Germans have got this right, the Premier League is just focused on making more and more money.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

The point is the effect of the premiership on the national team :facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You are missing the point surely? Football is not just about how good the top teams are or how competitive the leagues is (this season). It is, or should be, about the fans and coaching young players. The Germans have got this right, the Premier League is just focused on making more and more money.

Playing devil's advocate, the Premier League will argue that they are more successful than the Bundesliga. They generate more global income. Attendences at 10 clubs, ie 50% are at capacity (ie 98% or above). The lowest is CP with 86%. A stat on the radio yesterday was that more World Cup qualifing goals were scored by players from the Premier League than any other.

As for your ref to coaches, we know we don't have enough coaches. The FA have done something about this and in particular, St Georges Park is being used to train coaches who can then train others. We are not going to click our fingers and all of a sudden have 20k more coaches!!! Junior football has changed over the last few years. U11s only play 7 a side and on a smaller pitch.

None of this is going to suddenly make the number of English players in the Premier league go up overnight but it is moving in the right direction.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The point is the effect of the premiership on the national team :facepalm:

The problem is surely the quality of English players available. Increase the quality of those coming through the ranks and more will play. The only alternative I can see would be quotas on the pitch and EU employment laws wouldn't allow that.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Playing devil's advocate, the Premier League will argue that they are more successful than the Bundesliga. They generate more global income. Attendences at 10 clubs, ie 50% are at capacity (ie 98% or above). The lowest is CP with 86%. A stat on the radio yesterday was that more World Cup qualifing goals were scored by players from the Premier League than any other.

As for your ref to coaches, we know we don't have enough coaches. The FA have done something about this and in particular, St Georges Park is being used to train coaches who can then train others. We are not going to click our fingers and all of a sudden have 20k more coaches!!! Junior football has changed over the last few years. U11s only play 7 a side and on a smaller pitch.

None of this is going to suddenly make the number of English players in the Premier league go up overnight but it is moving in the right direction.

No doubt the Premier is a great product as a business allowing many good foreign players to earn a living, but it's clearly not good at giving opportunities to our own young players. A large reason must be due to large investments made by owners foreign or not who want immediate returns, whom I would imagine have little interest in the state of the national team.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Apologies if already been featured.

Could English FA and Premiership work as smoothly together to aid the future of the English game?

Short answer - Not unless it could be put to the PL that it is in their financial interest. They don't give a toss about anything else other than making money, why should they?

The FA created this mess in the first place by allowing the PL to get away with murder in order to settle scores with the Football League. No amount of pontificating by Gregg Dyke will change this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The PL is all about grasping whatever money is available at the expense of others. There will come a time though the Serie A being a prime example where the money bubble will eventually burst. It will be interesting to see how many clubs survive this as almost all are spending way above there means

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here