Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Isaac

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I thought he kept Rougvie, the Albion skipper, out during the run-in of the 1987/88 season which led to Doug's exit from the Goldstone....

D

Deleted User X18H

I bow to your superior knowledge, hence why I asked the question what ever happened to him ?

Ironically enough I chatted with him earlier today on Facebook, through another ex Albion player I know from school.

I think Robert got married recently

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Never knew that about him
Just looked him up and says knee injury forced his retirement and he became a personal assistant for a well known racing family

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was then ironically another ex Chelsea centre back, Colin Pates that kept him out ?

I think Pates came much later. Might have been another ex-Chelsea player who took his place, as we seemed to have a few.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
After a bad start to the 88/89 season, Isaac was replaced by Larrie May. My recollections are that he was a junior international star with Chelsea but not quite good enough to make it there. He never really had a good run in our team, mainly due to injuries.
I remember seeing him out of his head in Sherries one night, dancing on a pedestal, all on his Jack Jones without a care in the world.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Didn't he get stabbed on the eve of the Chelsea home game (see 'worst violence' thread)?

Don't know if that's when it happened, but I do seem to remember he had a nasty scar on his chest (or was it his back?) from football violence he got caught up in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here