TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
TWO go through automatically

Group D

Kit Kat Chunky
kit-kat-chunky-509941.jpg

Its older brother finished third in a tough Group A and will be hoping to sneak in as a lucky loser. Can the Chunkier younger brother out-muscle the competition and go one better?

Oh Henry
Oh-Henry-Wrapper-Small.jpg

American chocolate, on the whole, is far inferior to the European varieties. This looks a good 'un, though. Plenty of US NSCers, but would be a surprise to see this clock up much of the vote. Kudos for a great name.

Curly Wurly
curly_wurly__75580_zoom.jpg

Nostalgia, surely? Nothing yummier for kids, no doubt, but would anyone who'd left their teens behind go and buy a Curly Wurly? Prove me wrong, doubters.

Fruit & Nut
cadbury-dairy-milk-fruit-nut-120gr.jpg

Like the Whole Nut, Fruit & Nut has changed its packaging to appeal to a younger demographic. The jury's out on whether it has worked, so consider this to be a true experiment of its popularity amongst the masses.

Reese's Nutrageous
Reese's-NutRageous-Small.jpg

Second American entry of the Group. Reese's pieces & peanut butter cups have achieved good things in Blighty, but does the Nutrageous have what it takes to compete with: Snickers, Toffee Crisp and the like?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Milka & Daim
Milka_Daim_Chocolate_Bar_100g.jpg

Gwarn the Milka! Scandinavian chocolate with Daim pieces inside. It's a little bar, but fills a big hole. And I nominated it, so it's clearly the best. Now: watch it fail.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Kit Kat Chunky for me. Curly Wurly was a very close second however.

EDIT: Damnit, you put the Milka in later; i've already voted :/

D

Deleted member 18477

Sort the milka and Daim picture out!!! Unfair advantage!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not bothered about stupid name and fancy packaging, just what I would enjoy eating, so it has to be Fruit and Nut.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sort the milka and Daim picture out!!! Unfair advantage!

Sorry!!!

Kit Kat Chunky for me. Curly Wurly was a very close second however.

EDIT: Damnit, you put the Milka in later; i've already voted :/

Only allowed five pictures per post, so has to have a follow-up one. Hopefully won't have hindered its chances too much...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a pi$$ poor group.

I'd like to see the seedings on this, there's something dodgy going on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You mark my words, someone's put a large amount of cash on Chunky Kit Kat, winning outright.

I bet it gets a soft ride through to the final, where it will be up against lard, or something like that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What a pi$$ poor group.

I'd like to see the seedings on this, there's something dodgy going on.

I was just about to rage against the seedings !

Snickers & Crunchie will be kept apart, as they were last years finalists. Not sure how you'd judge seedings for the rest (and yes I know you're both taking the piss)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Snickers & Crunchie will be kept apart, as they were last years finalists. Not sure how you'd judge seedings for the rest (and yes I know you're both taking the piss)
You've got:-

Chunky Kit Kat (Spain)
Curly Wurly (Greece)
Then San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, and The Faroe Islands, all in the same group.
Scotchland could qualify from group D.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm getting a bit worried about this. There WILL be a group with the Star Bar in it, right? Anyway, this is an odd little group, accommodating two bars I've never heard of, being Oh Henry (???) and NutRageous (???). With regard to these two, give it up, read my lips - "WE.ALREADY.HAVE.THE.STAR.BAR". Okay, next up, Chunky Kit Kat is a compressed kit kat. If you're impressed by that, by all means give it your vote. It's just a wafer with a chocolate envelope. Curly Wurly next: can't vote for this because it was a metre long when I was six, now it's the length of a gerbil. If you want to pull your fillings out and buy a product that is 50% air, this one's for you. Daim is nice, Milka is a reputable brand. Put them together and you have a reliable session bar. Daim quantities CAN be disappointing though. Fruit and Nut is a canny operator - contains one of your five a day, plus the presence of the nut nudges it towards "superfood" status. Chocolate quality is good - none of this "cocoa-based" pretension. Fruit and Nut has it, but they're all on Death Row - mint Aero and Star Bar final seems inevitable.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You've got:-

Chunky Kit Kat (Spain)
Curly Wurly (Greece)
Then San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, and The Faroe Islands, all in the same group.
Scotchland could qualify from group D.

:ffsparr: Seriously. Milka should be strolling this. Greece will be appalled by comparison to Curly Wurly.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am going for Curly Wurly. The best of a poor group. Not to be eaten straight from the fridge though- unless you want bits of chocolate all over your clothes.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Always fruit and nut for me. The combination of raisin and chocolate is a winner. Wouldn't miss the nut though.

D

Deleted member 18477

Who the hell eats curly wurlys and fruit and nut? Awful chocolate bars! Dire!

Milka should be strolling this along with kit Kay CHUNKY!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here