TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
TWO go through automatically.

Group C

Topic
mars-topic-58g_-2523-p_1.jpg

If the nomination thread is anything to go by, a strong contender at this stage. It might be pint-sized, but it packs a punch. Can it really dance with the big boys?

Twirl
12439.png

Bruce Forsyth's favourite chocolate bar (maybe). Don't let the girly name fool you, though: it's a girly bar too. Still: women do guilty pleasure better than men, so don't let any gender concerns put you off :thumbsup:

Whole Nut
cadburys_dairy_milk_whole_nut.jpg

This is more manly. Perhaps more old manly. Perusing for suitable photos of this Cadburys oldtimer, I noted that the packaging has changed frequently in recent years. Begs the question: Is this hip enough for today's marketplace?

Twix
Twix-Bar-History.jpg

Chocolate, caramel and a biscuit base means guaranteed votes. Like the Mars bar, this would have strolled to the latter stages in years gone by. May find life tougher in these modern times.

Club Raisin
JacobsClub_Packaging.JPG
I've had to use a photo of an ordinary club biscuit, because a google search on 'Club chocolate raisin' returned 0 images. Will 'Club Raisin' return 0 votes?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Flake
flake_2.jpg

Standard flake advertising: "Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate..." shown being eaten by a woman in a bath. The % of women using NSC may be the deciding factor if Flake and Twirl make it through.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Twix. Though if the Club was mint then it'd be a different story.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Toughest group so far for me in as much as there are a few here I would enjoy.

Going to have to go for the Squirrel Sh*t though (early 1970's playground joke.......)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
TSB, you're putting Twirl AND Flake in the same group?? Sure you don't want to add Ripple? Seems like a conspiracy to split the vote and give Twix - the boring bloke at the back of the classroom, not clever but not stupid - an easy ride. Anyway, Flake v Twirl depends on whether you like depositing tiny shards of chocolate on the sofa/car seat. I don't. Cup of tea + Twirl = A moment to cherish and remember your whole life. Whole nut is worthy, but short on raisins - too half-hearted. Topic is a lovely little bar - quirky and eloquent, insouciant but never arrogant. We'd miss it if it wasn't there, despite the fact that it's never a first choice petrol station bar. Club Raisin? Sorry, it's a kid's lunchbox filler - and only that because it was on offer at Sainsbury's. Twirl has it - it does the simple things well without resorting to gimmickry. A flake with a sense of decorum - classy.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Wouldn't choose any of the above, so I've gone for a twirl. If someone bought it for me, I'd probably oblige.

D

Deleted member 18477

This group is going to plan. Twix and twirl are the nicest with flake in 3rd.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Flakes are the best of this group. Twirls are good but they are just a flake for people who are too worried about a mess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TSB, you're putting Twirl AND Flake in the same group?? Sure you don't want to add Ripple? Seems like a conspiracy to split the vote and give Twix - the boring bloke at the back of the classroom, not clever but not stupid - an easy ride. Anyway, Flake v Twirl depends on whether you like depositing tiny shards of chocolate on the sofa/car seat. I don't. Cup of tea + Twirl = A moment to cherish and remember your whole life. Whole nut is worthy, but short on raisins - too half-hearted. Topic is a lovely little bar - quirky and eloquent, insouciant but never arrogant. We'd miss it if it wasn't there, despite the fact that it's never a first choice petrol station bar. Club Raisin? Sorry, it's a kid's lunchbox filler - and only that because it was on offer at Sainsbury's. Twirl has it - it does the simple things well without resorting to gimmickry. A flake with a sense of decorum - classy.
Crazy isn't it.
Compare this to group D.

You've got 3 grade A number 1 seeds here, as opposed to Chunky Kit-Kat v 4 choccies even I wouldn't touch.

I tells yer there's an Indian betting syndicate at work here.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Topic, topic topic! How can flake be more popular? It's just chocolate in another form. No substance whatsoever.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester

Absolutely this in every way. A cold twirl and a cup of tea is a heady mix. Club's are bloody awful. Just poor. And a twix tastes like very very sweet, claggy turds (I suspect), with a compacted sawdust and off milk base. Topic's not so bad and flake just flies everywhere. Whole nut's alright.

D

Deleted member 18477

Absolutely this in every way. A cold twirl and a cup of tea is a heady mix. Club's are bloody awful. Just poor. And a twix tastes like very very sweet, claggy turds (I suspect), with a compacted sawdust and off milk base. Topic's not so bad and flake just flies everywhere. Whole nut's alright.

A twirl is a very good chocolate bar don't get me wrong... A twix Is also a VERY good chocolate bar!

Both need to go through in this group. A flake is nice but best left to the ice cream man to pop in a 99. Too messy for everyday use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here