Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Almost all numbers have a 3 in them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The biggest number in the whole world is a hoogan. You can't get bigger than that. And yes it does have a 3 in it strangely enough.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Given that numbers are infinite and the fact that the longer the number is the higher the likelihood of it containing a three. The further towards infinity you get the less effect the lower numbers have on probability

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The biggest number in the whole world is a hoogan. You can't get bigger than that. And yes it does have a 3 in it strangely enough.

And there I was thinking it was "Graham's Number" as the largest number with a useful function - all based on 3's funnily enough.

The OP is wrong. There are an infinity of numbers therefore an infinity of numbers without a 3. THe concept of "most" numbers is therefore nonsensical (in the literal meaning of the word).

Yes - I should get out more.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Isn't it a googal?

A googal is only 1 with a 100 zeros. A googalplex is so much bigger, it's a 1 followed by a googal amount of zeros.

Mind blowingly big.

Someone above mentioned Graham's Number, this number makes googalplex look like an absolute pussy, it's sooooo big it is hard to imagine in your head how big it really is!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't it a googal?

No, that's just a one followed by a 100 zeroes. (If you're having trouble imagining that then think of an attractive woman at a Star Trek convention). So it's big, but not big enough. A hoogan is much MUCH bigger than that.

Buzzer: I've never heard of Graham's number, I shall have to go and look it up. But I think my eight year old nephew will prove right in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here