Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst violence at the Goldstone ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
The 44th anniversary of the start of World War II was marked in Brighton by a day of vioence, when the home team met Chelsea. Fans rampaged the Goldstone Road ground, and smashed a goal crossbar when they invaded the pitch. * Eight policemen were hospitalised.

Or maybe Spurs in 78 which led to the fences being put up around the Goldstone

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Pretty sure it was 84 Wookiee

My opening post was copied from a link on the internet that said it was 84
Might have been the 83/84 season our first back in Div 2 I think

Think they got it wrong, the other clue is the 44 year anniversary of the start of the Second World War !!

D

Deleted User X18H

Pretty sure it was 84 Wookiee

My opening post was copied from a link on the internet that said it was 84
Might have been the 83/84 season our first back in Div 2 I think

It was September 1983 for goodness sake. The 3rd actually .

D

Deleted User X18H

Northampton 1988 rings a bell for some reason . And in 1983 or 84 one yes ONE Man City can got in the North Stand and every Albion scarpered .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Birmingham last game of season at home, when they left the away pen and invaded by through the west stand.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
On the same day as the Bradford fire, I took junior to the Goldstone (he wasn't quite 5) and there was a massive break in involving Sheffield United Supporters....the pitch was invaded, fences pulled down, and the two sets were charging at each other on the field.

We were in the South stand next to the rosser control box......they were packed in and peering out at punters like me, who was bricking it in charge of my kid.
Bradford naturally overshadowed this nonsense, or it would have made national news, I'm sure.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The worst violence at the Goldstone without a shadow of a doubt was caused by Brighton fans themselves unless i missed something worse than 27-04-96 , saying that i doubt very much if we would even have a club if that had not happend , its a funny old game .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here