Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players 1988-89

Clash Fan

Jan 30, 2011
Bognor Regis
Hi,

Does anyone have a list of who was playing for the club around 1988-89 ish? My other half has found an old B&H football, signed by all the players which he won in a raffle around that time. Some of the signatures are extremely difficult to read. A few that are vaguely legible are: Andy Bissett ? Steve G ? someone Gee?

Any ideas please?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hi,

Does anyone have a list of who was playing for the club around 1988-89 ish? My other half has found an old B&H football, signed by all the players which he won in a raffle around that time. Some of the signatures are extremely difficult to read. A few that are vaguely legible are: Andy Bissett ? Steve G ? someone Gee?

Any ideas please?

Nicky Bissett
John Keeley
Gary Chivers
Dean Wilkins
Keith Dublin
Ian Chapman
Larry May
Garry Nelson
Kevin Bremner
Mike Trusson
Johnny crumplin football genius
Alan Curbishley
Paul Wood

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
1988-89_v1.jpg

Back row: Mark Leather (physio), Jack Dineen, Geoff Cooper, Robert Isaac, Doug Rougvie, Gerry Armstrong, Grant Horscroft, Gary Chivers, Roy Hales, Mike Trusson, Ted Streeter (youth development officer);
Third row: Sean McFadden, Barry Lloyd (manager), Paul Wood, Kevan Brown, Perry Digweed, Ian Chapman, John Keeley, John Crumplin, David Gipp, Martin Hinshelwood (coach), James Jones;
Second row: Alan Curbishley, Keith Dublin, Kevin Bremner, Steve Gatting, Garry Nelson, Dean Wilkins, Steve Penney, Adrian Owers;
Front row: Christian Lyons, Paul McCarthy, John Robinson, Darren Smith, Derek McGrath, Wayne Stemp, David Coldwell, Wayne Alexander, Matthew Bown, Mark Stack, David Roberts, Jason Mummery.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where's Richard Tiltman?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Although I had shown a keen interest in the Albion before that season, 22nd October 1988 was my first ever game. Home to Oldham Athletic who had the likes of earl Barrett, Dennis Irwin and Andy Ritchie upfront. We won 2-0 with quick fire goals from Steve Gatting and larry May just before half time. Despite being 25 years ago I still vividly remember sitting in the West Stand and loving the atmosphere.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hi,

Any ideas please?

I'll ask a mate of mine. He was playing for the club at that time...I'm seeing him tomorrow

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
1988-89_v1.jpg

Back row: Mark Leather (physio), Jack Dineen, Geoff Cooper, Robert Isaac, Doug Rougvie, Gerry Armstrong, Grant Horscroft, Gary Chivers, Roy Hales, Mike Trusson, Ted Streeter (youth development officer);
Third row: Sean McFadden, Barry Lloyd (manager), Paul Wood, Kevan Brown, Perry Digweed, Ian Chapman, John Keeley, John Crumplin, David Gipp, Martin Hinshelwood (coach), James Jones;
Second row: Alan Curbishley, Keith Dublin, Kevin Bremner, Steve Gatting, Garry Nelson, Dean Wilkins, Steve Penney, Adrian Owers;
Front row: Christian Lyons, Paul McCarthy, John Robinson, Darren Smith, Derek McGrath, Wayne Stemp, David Coldwell, Wayne Alexander, Matthew Bown, Mark Stack, David Roberts, Jason Mummery.

I have that home shirt. Wore it to the last game. Love it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why is Gerry Armstrong wearing a track suit in that photo?

I believe he was a player-coach by that season. On January 28 1989 he was sent off playing for the reserves against Southwick in a Sussex Senior Cup tie replay. He then took exception to something said from the stands, and did an "Eric Cantona" - Which players have attacked fans? (the date in that article is wrong). As it states, he left the club soon afterwards.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
1988-89_v1.jpg

I wonder what they are all doing now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here