Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone know what ever happened to Mick Kerslake?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He featured in many Albion team photos of the late 1979s but didn't make a single appearance....

It's a long shot, and I'm guessing there won't be any/many responses, but if anyone knows when he was released and what happened next for him, please let me know... :)

arsenalprogramme.jpg

Here he is, front row, far right....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That picture contains the great martin chivers.......awesome mullets though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For some reason I think he my have played once but could be wrong - perhaps league cup game at Arsenal when Geard played.

He was released at the end of that season I believe. No idea what happened next.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sadly, it was just Geard and not Kerslake who played in that League Cup match (which got a mention in 'Fever Pitch', fact fans). I have now found that Mick did play one game for Fulham in 1975 before he joined the Albion. But yes, no knowledge on what came after leaving the Goldstone....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There is a builder in Newhaven called Nick Kerslake if this helps. :smile:

It does! Might have to interview him if I can't find the real Mick.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't think I can provide any info about what happened to him after he left, but some biographical information that may be of interest if you don't already have it:-

Michael L Kerslake
DOB: Feb 27 1958
POB: Bethnal Green
Position: Fullback
Signed professional for Fulham Oct 1 1975 (from apprenticeship).
Played for England U-18s against Wales at Ninian Park on Feb 11 1976 and against the same opponents at Maine Road on March 3 1976.
Here he is in his Fulham days Fulham squad photo 1976, alongside 2 others with Albion connections, Barry Lloyd and Ken Craggs.
Joined Albion from Fulham on a free transfer in June 1978; was released in May 1980.

You mention he made an appearance for Fulham; some sources indicate he made 3 appearances - Wikipedia - List of Fulham players and Fulham players

That latter link (Neil Brown Newcastle Fans) suggests he moved to Leyton Wingate from Fulham - which clearly he didn't, as he spent 2 years at Albion, but it might indicate that he played for them at some point post-Albion.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant find, AZ Gull!

Oops, yes, I ought to have said he played one full game and made two sub appearances for Fulham.

I will definitely use that Fulham photo. It'll be on the blog tomorrow...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here