Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another rubbish story on the argus website all i ever see on there is about poyet

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Proably best not to look at it then.

I am quite interested in what is happening to Gus and in particular am hoping for a "fall from grace"...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's relevant to us, though, because of the number of people who worry that he might raid us for players - i.e. Bridcutt and Ulloa in particular.

Personally I don't think he will, or if he does we would only be persuaded to part with them for realistic prices which would enable us to build. We are not a "selling" club, now, whatever anyone says.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You should have watched Football Focus then Mark. He was on there too.

And once again, the BBC perpetuated the "Gus sacked live on TV" myth.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How did you find the England game last night, Mark?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Jimmy Grimble

Great thread title.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Got your Sunderland season ticket application yet?

Sorry? Open your eyes. Why are you trying to insinuate the club was right when the evidence is against them?

Gus said he was only informed his employment was terminated when the producer told him. The club said he knew his dismissal was 'impending'. So he only knew he was actually sacked when the producer told him. That was whilst he was on a live TV programme.

Can't work out why people are against Gus when they don't know what the club did to him. As I've said before, if Gus has the power over the club, he would be made to look in the right.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry? Open your eyes. Why are you trying to insinuate the club was right when the evidence is against them?

Gus said he was only informed his employment was terminated when the producer told him. The club said he knew his dismissal was 'impending'. So he only knew he was actually sacked when the producer told him. That was whilst he was on a live TV programme.

Can't work out why people are against Gus when they don't know what the club did to him. As I've said before, if Gus has the power over the club, he would be made to look in the right.

I think it is most likely that the evidence is mainly stacked against Gus, after all he was dismissed for misconduct after a formal investigation, disciplinary hearing and an appeal. The Club might (with emphasis on 'might') be guilty of having mistimed communicating the decision to Gus. However don't overlook that Gus was an employee who chose to turn off his mobile phone and appear on national TV on the very weekend both the Albion's and Gus's people have already stated they were dealing with the issue. Gives a good indication of where Gus's priorities were that night. Don't forget that back in March he asked for permission to move on, so clearly his heart wasn't in it.

I don't understand why some people are still so blindly willing to give Gus the benefit of the doubt. Ok back at the time we all had serious questions about the Club but now we know a heck of a lot more to realise Gus was very largely the architect of his own demise. Let him take the Club to Court if he feels the evidence is in his favour. However I note the LMA aren't screaming for that like they were back at the time of his hearing. I'm with the Club on this one. We support a 'Club', not just one manager, as they are merely temporary.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I've made no insinuations at all-merely asking if another member of the Poyet fan club had got his Sunderland season ticket application yet. Got yours?

I now dislike Poyet for the way he phucked up last season and also for having a major negative impact on the start of this season. Before all that he had 100% support from me and many others.

You carry on worshipping though-I'll carry on supporting The Albion.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
"However don't overlook that Gus was an employee who chose to turn off his mobile phone and appear on national TV on the very weekend both the Albion's and Gus's people have already stated they were dealing with the issue. Gives a good indication of where Gus's priorities were that night."

I never have nor ever would fire an employee via text or email :nono:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
another rubbish story on the argus website all i ever see on there is about...

I've made no insinuations at all-merely asking if another member of the Poyet fan club had got his Sunderland season ticket application yet. Got yours?

I now dislike Poyet for the way he phucked up last season and also for having a major negative impact on the start of this season. Before all that he had 100% support from me and many others.

You carry on worshipping though-I'll carry on supporting The Albion.

Somebody said he wasn't sacked live on TV. Somebody else then replied saying he was. You then asked if they had their Sunderland season ticket. So, you are insinuating Gus wasn't sacked on TV and are backing up the club.

You dislike Poyet for what reasons exactly? Yes, sorry I forgot, he screwed up last season by finishing 4th and 1 win against Hull from being promoted automatically. I can't ever dislike Poyet for giving me my best season as a Brighton fan. Dagenham at home will live with me forever.

And that's right, please carry on supporting the Albion. I will too. But I'm not in a position to back the club up, in the live TV instance, when the evidence is against them.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
another rubbish story on the argus website all i ever see on there is about...

I think it is most likely that the evidence is mainly stacked against Gus, after all he was dismissed for misconduct after a formal investigation, disciplinary hearing and an appeal. The Club might (with emphasis on 'might') be guilty of having mistimed communicating the decision to Gus. However don't overlook that Gus was an employee who chose to turn off his mobile phone and appear on national TV on the very weekend both the Albion's and Gus's people have already stated they were dealing with the issue. Gives a good indication of where Gus's priorities were that night. Don't forget that back in March he asked for permission to move on, so clearly his heart wasn't in it.

I don't understand why some people are still so blindly willing to give Gus the benefit of the doubt. Ok back at the time we all had serious questions about the Club but now we know a heck of a lot more to realise Gus was very largely the architect of his own demise. Let him take the Club to Court if he feels the evidence is in his favour. However I note the LMA aren't screaming for that like they were back at the time of his hearing. I'm with the Club on this one. We support a 'Club', not just one manager, as they are merely temporary.

Agree with most of this. I think you may have misunderstood my post. I was referring to the TV situation and that only. I have different opinions on the whole saga based on information passed onto me. I'm not defending Gus in the instance of his sacking, whatsoever. The club were in the right. And as I've said before, Gus wouldn't take the club to court because he wouldn't want the truth to come out. He was bluffing, to make people think he was in the right in the instance of his sacking.

Gus was in the wrong with some things. The club were in the wrong with some things. But because the club have the power, he was sacked. We don't know what the club did to Poyet leading up to the events, so it's unfair to judge.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
and for having a major negative impact on the start of this season

I'm sorry but the start of this season has NOTHING to do with Gus. Pontificate about the rights and wrongs and it doesn't matter now, but the way the situation was handled is everything to do with club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here