Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer tries to ignore the headlines [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Greer tries to ignore the headlines[/h]12:00pm Saturday 12th October 2013 in Albion
2677842.jpg
Gordon Greer, left of picture, watches Scott Brown show his skills in training with Scotland
Gordon Greer was revealed how he saw headlines tipping him for Scotland – and tried not to think about it.
The Albion captain was linked with an international call-up by The Argus when Gordon Strachan took charge in January.
He could get a first cap on Tuesday as the Scots complete their World Cup qualifying campaign at home to Croatia.
Greer said: “When the new manager came in, he has his own ideas so in the back of your mind you think hopefully this manager will like me and I will have a chance.
“The press in Brighton were saying I should have a chance but to be honest, you don’t really think of that. I was obviously delighted to get called up the first time.”
Greer reckons the Scots, who won in Croatia, can complete the double.
He added: “It is there for us. We are at home and the boys did brilliant away, they got the win so we will be going into the game with a lot of confidence.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here